one lesbian family 🌈

Laila's POV

"Hm," I hummed in response shutting my eyes letting the words sink deep my soul also keeping my tears at bay but one or two escaped even when my eyes were shut.

Why is all of this happening ?

Wh-

My mind was all over the place not in one spot but I so many spots more than one. I tried thinking of something or voice out but I couldn't find the right thing to say or even try thinking about.

I-i just don't know.....

I- i can't....

I-i w-

"Say it," Skylar whispered interrupting the thoughts that were running wild. Her voice rumbled in my ears making me tuck my bottom lip between my teeth thinking about it being the last time hearing it.

I can't......

I just can't......

"No, I can't! I just can't.... just stop" I whispered shaking my head as tears ran down my cheeks never opening my eyes to stare in hers that were on me . The circular pattern of the thumb on my left cheek never subsided as her other fingers brushed through my baby hairs at the upper back of my neck in assurance.

"I know but just say it. You have to promise my love but look at me first." Skylar responded her thumbs rubbing away the tears that had slipped out of my eyes as my gaze raised to meet hers.

"But w-why?"I choked out my vision blurry as my eyes stung from the burning sensation from keeping my tears at bay.

I tried thinking of reasons why she's like this and why everything is happening but I couldn't.

It just hurt.

Everything hurt.

My throat felt tight as if I was being choked and it was so hard to breath through my nostrils but never did I  once let out a sob. With every intake of air I tried to gulp down the lump trying so hard not to calm down staring deep in her eyes.

"Thank you baby,  now all I want is for you to promise me. I want to hear you say it. Say it for me." Skylar begged her other hand running up and down the length of my arm in assurance but it didn't help.

"I- I" I tried forming words but it was hard making me shut my eyes hanging my head down opening my lips apart to take in any amount of air that could ease the burning I had both in my head and my chest making a harsh strained sob pass past my lips. I could feel the sweat forming on my skin as more tears slipped out of my eyes.

"Calm down baby. It's fine. Don't say it." Skylar's voice whispered in a distance as I clutched hard on the sides of her button button trying everything to calm myself down.

I just don't know why I'm overeating everything but I just can't bare the thought of losing her.

What's really the reason why we have to be apart.

Why can't she just tell me......

Skylar pushed my body until we were back to the position to the way we were but this time around my forehead was  resting on her shoulder as one of her arm securely wrapped around my waist pulling her to me as the other was massaging my scalp.

She tried smoothing everything but we all knew nothing was smooth everything is hard and they hit harder everytime we try to be together.

"N-nothing i-s fine- Shh," Skylar interrupted me making me quiet down before she continued. "Forget about everything Laila and think of the two of us that are here together right now."