time solves everything

Laila's pov

3 days later!

"What are you doing?" The maids froze in their tracks before they turned around to face me. Guilt settled upon their features as they looked down on their feet not answering back my question.

My brows ceased in confusion wondering what they are going to do with the opened up suit cases laying on the bed. "Care to explain why those suit cases are open and why you all  in here?"

I took a step forward meeting Kayla's gaze but she held it for a second  before she averted to the other maids that were stealing glances from each other.

What's going on here?

I could tell they were bargaining whether to tell me about the situation or not.

I waited patiently until one of them spoke up and that was Kayla making me fold my hands across my chest.  "Mistress told us to pack all her clothes because she won't be coming back -"

Huh?

Won't be coming back?

What is she talking about.

My heart raced loudly as my ears buzzed and wormed. My palms grew sweaty hopping what she is talking about isn't true.

She definitely can't leave me.

"What do you mean?" I whispered barely heard before thickly gulping down the lump that had formed in my throat.

"Mistress told us to collect her belongings because she won't be coming back to this house anymore...." I blocked out the other words she was going to say , my  mind focusing and buzzing around the four words .

Won't be coming back....

Impossible....

She can't leave me like that .

No

Did she really mean that everything is done.

Everything between the two of us?

Every connection we had, that was it's end?

"No it's impossible...." I shook my head repeatedly as my knees buckled making me sit down on the floor staring into thin space wondering why she is doing such a thing.

"She can't leave me. I know she surely will come back. " I whispered to myself bringing my hopes up as tears threatened to spill down my cheeks.

I know she will.....

But deep down I knew it won't happen yet I still hoped.

5 days later..........

Can we talk?
delivered.

No reply...

Please?
delivered.

No reply....

Skylar please answer me!