parameters

Laila's POV

I stood up from the counter stool after happily filling up my stomach with the long awaited breakfast.

I took my dishes to the sink and washed them throughly before placing them in the dish washer as Kayla [the depressed maid I went looking for] nagged me to stop doing everything or else she would be fired.

"Okay okay I'm done and I'm going just like how you want  besides i think she left for work so don't be worried." I cooed her making her take out a deep breath in relief.

"Okay if you say so." She grinned before doing the other chores left as she hummed a little song to herself.

I smiled brightly towards before turning around and leaving the open door kitchen to the grand staircase as my eyes drifted around in confirmation of Skylar's absence in the house and luckily she wasn't in the living room either.

Not that  I care where she is but we haven't seen her since our last argument, she was no where to be found.  I felt relief upon me as if I was carrying a  heep of stones on my head.

I could still feel the peace of mind and protection that's surrounded us when we realized she wasn't in the kitchen besides, Kayla had planned not to step inside until she was out of it.

I yelled a  goodbye to my new friend Kayla before walking up the large staircase in hopes to go back to the bedroom I woke up in so I can freshen up then leave so I can find a solution for my life.

I can't spend another night in this house not when I'm in my right state of mind. I am not going to keep up with any of her crap again.

She may have came to my rescue but I never told her to come and save me.

"Keep an eye on her and keep me updated on every information she gets about her daughter, understood?" I heard a muffled voice behind the closed mahogany doors ahead of me and I could easily tell it's for Skylar making me jump out in joy, rolling my eyes intently.

My hand froze in the attempt to open wide the doors and walk in but I took a step back as I was too invested in the conversation she was having on her telephone.

I'm not the person to pry but something urged me to listen more as I felt the demeanor change to intensity as my nerves got the best of me making me think that something wasn't right.

"If she knows too much to the extent that she will start looking for Laila, don't hesitate to snap the string of her life as long as you don't leave any trail behind because I'm not going to clean up any unfinished mess of yours not before I kill you first."

Start looking for me? My brows furrowed together as I tried to connect the pieces together.

Does she mean Alex....No,.....I killed her myself. She can't be alive.

But she said start looking for her daughter. It can't be Alexa but then who?

Who?

My brows ceased as I tried to figure out what she's meaning until the two connected together.

Oh......

I could feel sadness and anger mixing together as the adrenaline rushed throughout my body finding it hard to process everything.