last hug??

Laila's pov

"I want you to meet someone -" I blocked out Skylar's words busting the song 'fire on fire' by Sam smith in my air pods as I looked out the other window of the black tinted limo as it swayed steadily across the road to God knows where.

Her words blurred in the lyrics of the song making my heart sink down in relief letting out a sign as I rubbed my hand over my belly in assurance and reflection of safety towards my baby.

I don't say a word....but still, you take my breath and steal the things I know...

There you go, saving me.....from out of the coldd....

Fire on fire, would normally kill us but...
This much desire, together, we are winners

They say we are out of control and some say we are sinners but don't let them ruin our beautiful rhythms....

Cause when unfold and tell me you love me
And look me in my eyeee

You are my perfection, my only direction
It's fire on fire mm fire on fire

A felt a hand squeezing my bare thighs making my eyes snap away from the window as my right hand inched for the air pod removing it as my eyes settled on Skylar's.

Her eyes held sorrow and were filled with so many unspoken words . I could tell she wanted to tell me something but couldn't. But why? Skylar sighed deeply raising her hand to her hair but remembering it was in a ponytail making her place her hand back at her side.

Is she nervous?

I rose one of my eye brows at her wondering what she wants and is thinking. But what if she's guilt trapping me and just wants to get under my skin easily.

Yeah.... I'm not falling for that shit again....

"What is it now Skylar?" I said irritatedly making hurt and pain flash in her eyes before she swallowed it down masking her emotions.

Stop the damn act woman.

Uh- I rolled my eyes visibly staring at Skylar irritatedly my eyes half open showing my distaste in wherever this conversation was going after minutes of silence and her just analyzing me and staring, Skylar replied back.

"Can I get a hug from you?"

What?....

Skylar's pov

Confusion, surprise, wonder and other indescribable emotions flashed across through the eyes of the woman I love before my eyes the moment the words escaped my lips after rolling off my tongue.

I don't care about her attitude right now because I want to treasure this last time that we have together so that whenever they replay in my mind they would just make me feel happy.

I just want that from her...for now.

It may be something simple to her but to do it will mean so much.

I can't put the thought away of losing her with my child. I did all that to make her happy in the end but basing from her reaction right now I don't think she can come back.