what are we?

Laila's pov

Wherever I'm broken, you make me feel whole....

Yes you do....

Whenever I'm lonely, you there for my soul...

Yeah you try to always be there.

Wherever you are girl that's where I call my home.....

Whenever you doubt it , I will be letting you know......

When will I let you know?

W-

The car halted in place making the song that played on the radio pause before Skylar's voice invaded my mind. "We are here!" Skylar whispered before averting her gaze to my body from where it had been for more than the past ten minutes...

Her voice and the pause of the song shut down the memories and thoughts that played in my mind continuously. "What were you thinking hermosa?"Skylar inquired  barely being heard.

You....

Us....

Our baby....

The future..

I sighed shaking my head  feeling the tiredness sink deep in my soul then opened my eyes looking straight ahead to the front of my garage. "Nothing." I replied.

I stared ahead of me for minutes and the gaze Skylar directed to the side of my face not averting away until I felt a warm touch over my left hand that was sat on my lap making them intertwine together.

I turned my head to the sides meeting Skylar's worried gaze. Her brows were furrowed up and her eyes were sternly trying to study my behavior. "Talk to me babygirl."

I smiled turning to face her worried gaze trying to not spoil everything with stupid thoughts.

I should just let everything go on the way they are.

"I'm fine, don't worry." I whispered bringing her hand close to my lips so I can place a kiss at her palm which she returned with a light smile of hers. "I know you aren-"

"Let's go in  so I can show you what I have in store for you." I whispered cutting her off at the same time reminding her of the reason why we are here. She narrowed her eyes at me making me look the other way before she hummed understanding I don't want to talk about it.

Skylar whispering a barely heard 'wait' under her breath then opening the car door getting out in the process.

The chilly cold air hit my skin making a shiver erupt throughout out my body. A few seconds later, Skylar shut the door back before walking over the front the car to my side.

I hugged myself warming myself so as to get some warmth but it was all in vain when Skylar opened the car door of my side before holding out her hand for me...

How amazing....(Note the sarcasm)

It would be a beautiful gesture if it weren't under the circumstances that everytime she would open up the door , I would shiver due to the coldness of the night.

I placed my hand in hers after getting my essentials then stepped out closing the space between me and Skylar shivering in the process. "T-hank you!" I stammered a bit before stepping aside so she could shut the door for me then locking them using the car keys.

"Let's get you in before you catch a flue." Skylar said sneaking her arm around my waist bringing me close to her body in a side hug as we walked to the porch. My senses filled with her peppermint scent making me exhale deeply in relief and content.