ring💍

Laila's pov

The limo had halted into stop minutes back but Skylar did seem to loosen her touch around me instead she just held me tighter breathing in my scent while her hands brought me closer to her by their strong grip on my waist.

Dang.......

In between the ride I kept on assuring her how everything is going to be fine mumbling in her ear softly making her sigh tiredly never voicing out any of her thoughts which I strongly wished she could.

My brows furrowed together in worry and disappointment at her actions. I couldn't help but wish for the tenth time today  that I could read her thoughts.

I just want to help her somehow if I can...

I hate seeing her like this. I know there's something definitely troubling her but this is the first time she has been this helpless.

I can't find even one reason of her being like this but at the same time I have a silent thought and voice ringing at the back of my head that maybe this is the last time everything happening right now is going to be like this.

And also that this is  going to be the last time she would hold me this close....

Nonetheless it feels like this is going to be the last time she would touch me like this.

I made it my intention to find out what's bothering her before we exist the car so maybe I could help her somehow. I don't want to see her this down any longer than this period.

Little did I know it would be the last time seeing her.

I kissed her neck softly while my right hand slipped   under her black button up to her shoulder length rubbing it softly before whispering. "You have to say something Skylar about what's bothering you."

"I want to help you somehow if I can." I continued after receiving no reply from her after a duration of at least three minutes  passing by.

I sighed in defeat before detaching my lips from her neck, my hands finding a secure place on both her cheeks before slowly removing her from the crook of my neck whispering. "Look at me and say something. You are making me worried."

I rubbed my thumbs in a circular motion against her soft skin of her cheeks as her eyes met mine making my movements freeze seeing how hard she's been trying not to break down on my shoulder due to the redness visible in her eyes.

I bit my lip tucking in between my teeth as I continued to stare back in her eyes my heart tugging at the visible pain in them. "What- Sh" Skylar quieted me down by placing her finger on my lips before her other hand left my waist to the pockets of her pants making me shift in on my lap so that she could easily pull out what she wanted and after a few seconds she got it out.

A ring???

A shiny diamond ring came to my view taking my breath  from my nostrils to the back of the throat as if I had got a stroke. My eyes snapped to hers in surprise and wonder  and let's say  worry was all that could be seen and sorrow before she whispered out the moment the ring came between us as she held it in her right hand between her thumb and pointer finger steadily.

Her other hand wrapped softly around my left hand before bringing it to her lips and kissing it softly lingering her lips there for a few more seconds making me feel her irregular breath pattern.

I could tell she was nervous just like how my heart beat loudly in my ear as my eyes eyes each and every movement of her to me. Her lips left my hand before she her eyes snapped back to mine her hand never letting it go from it's reach.