2

Same Day | Rikers at Atlanta

About 30 minutes later, she parked her car in the visitors parking

About 30 minutes later, she parked her car in the visitors parking. She could feel her heart in her throat as she walked inside.

"Milani!" Milani heard a voice, and her eyes lit up seeing her bestfriend. She walked over to the group of her classmates, hugging Aaliyah.

"You look good pooh." Aaliyah told her, and she smiled.

"Thank you Lele. Where's Ms.Heather?" She asked.

"Getting us all signed in and getting our visitors p- nevermind there she go right there." Aaliyah pointed to where Ms.Heather was walking from an office.

"Finally made it Milani?" Ms.Heather chuckled, giving her the pass.

"Fashionably late per usual." Milani shrugged, making her and Aaliyah laugh.

"Okay class, welcome to Rikers. We're going to go down a hall of cells that contains some of the more crazy, delusional inmates. I've been told they're rowdy, so don't mind anything they say as we pass. We'll pass D Block, and finally make it to ADX. When we get to there, you'll search for your name on the tables, where an inmate will already be sitting. Everybody got it?" Ms.Heather looked around, and everybody held their thumbs up, and she smiled.

"Now, I want you all to remember our unit is based on the inmates of ADX, or administrative maximum security. Which means it is a control unit with the worst of the worst. Do not be afraid, they're all cuffed, both legs and hands. Some of them are murderers, serial killers, and some shit you probably never even heard of like grave diggers. Be sure to take notes, watch their body language and the way their eyes dart, or the way they talk. Pay attention to tattoos, see if you can try to find something to help them open up." Ms.Heather continued explaining.

"It is up to you to get them to release information about their families, so that you can do the other portion of your project. If you can't, you lose points and I'll give you the information that they have on the books. Now, let's get going shall we?" Ms.Heather clapped, a smile on her face as she turned to walk away.

The class followed her, Aaliyah and Milani in the front.

Milani could feel her heart in her stomach as they approached loud inmates in D Block.

"Say lil china doll bitch you bad as a mufucka!" Milani heard a man say, and her eyes widened.

"Oh my god." She mumbled, making Aaliyah laugh.

"Dayummmm the lil two bitches in the front! Kiss!" Somebody else yelled, and Milani face palmed herself.

"These men are sluts." Aaliyah shook her head, and Ms.Heather laughed.

They finally made it out of D block, and to ADX. Milani could see a man at every table, shackles around their legs and hands, with guards near each table.