31

Two weeks later. | March 2022.

"Asani where are you baby?" Milani mumbled, on the phone with David

"At work mama. What you doin'?" He asked, and she frowned.

"When are you coming home?" She crossed her legs, rubbing her 7 month belly as she looked up at the cameras that she'd set on repeat imagery.

"Later tonight. You okay? Is something wrong?" He switched tones, and she sighed. She hung up her phone, putting her face in her hands.

She looked around at the house Toosii had helped decorate for their one year anniversary, wiping her face as she cried.

Her phone rung, and she put it to her ear, getting herself together.

"Hey sistaaaa." She answered.

"Hey boo boo. How'd it go?" Solan asked, and Milani chuckled.

"I think he forgot Soso." She wiped her face, hearing her sister sigh.

"Come over mama." Solan told her, and she nodded, sniffing.

"Here I come." She mumbled, before hanging up.

She wiped her face, pulling off the dress she wore, walking back to their room. She threw on a muscle shirt, deciding not to wear a bra.

She pulled on some tights, and then an oversized hoodie. She wiped her makeup off of her face, pulling her lashes off.

Milani threw her curly hair up into a ponytail, holding the counter as she got a contraction.

"Shit." She hissed, holding the bottom of her stomach. Her phone rung, and she saw Dave calling her.

She rolled her eyes, letting it ring, knowing he was watching the cameras and saw her in pain.

Milani grabbed her phone, walking out of the room, to the front door. She grabbed her keys off the hook, walking out of the house.

"Can you clean the living room up for me please?" Milani asked the guard near the door.

"Yes ma'am." He nodded at her.

"Thank you. Is the car ready?" She mumbled, and he nodded again, holding his hand out. She grabbed it, letting him help her to the truck, and into the backseat.

"Thank you." She smiled.

"You're welcome. Safe travels ma'am." He responded before closing the door.

"Where to ma'am?" The driver asked, pulling off.

"Solan's house. Thank you." She mumbled, leaning her head against the window.

She could no longer drive herself, her stomach was too big and she always got contractions when she drove.

Her phone rung, and she put it to her ear, still staring out the window.

"So? How was it? Nigga back hurt from putting all that shit up." Toosii spoke, and she smiled.