27

Next Day. | 7am

Milani sat at Dave's desk, trying to keep herself awake as she rubbed Kairi's croc charm in her hand

"Milani." Dave called, and she slowly looked over at him.

"Go to sleep mama. It's only 7." He rasped, and she shook her head.

"Tryna run this shit up ion need no sleep." She mumbled, and he chuckled, walking over to her.

"I'm serious. Let me take you home, come on." He grabbed her hand, and she pulled away.

"I'm not going to sleep til they back Asani. I'm fine." She told him, rubbing her eye.

Today was Christmas, and Milani had to postpone giving everyone their gifts. Of course they under stood, and offered her and Dave support.

Her phone rung, and she grabbed it, putting it her ear.

"I'm fine." She mumbled.

"Milani you need to eat something, sleep or something. You stressing yourself out." Toosii's voice came through her phone.

"Y'all need to stop telling me what I need to do. I'm fine Nana. I'm literally eating right now." She rolled her eyes, putting a sweet tarts rope in her mouth.

"Stop lying." Dave mushed her head, and she smiled.

"Let him handle this Lani. Let me come get you. Milani I don't want you not eating wh-." Toosii started, and she shook her head.

"No. I'm okay, I'm not about to die Tremani, I know what I'm doing. I love you." She told him, hearing him groan in frustration.

"I love you too Pooh. Call me when y'all get an update." He replied, and she nodded, hanging up.

She went to her Tiktok, seeing the many videos her and Kairi had recorded.

"Stop Milani." Dave took her phone from her, and she covered her face as she began crying.

He picked her up, and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I know baby. I'm sorry." He rubbed her back as she cried.

Milani's cries soothed as he rubbed her body, rocking her in his arms.

She rubbed his ear between her fingers, closing her eyes. A few seconds later she stopped rubbing his ear as she dozed off.

There were hard knocks on the door, making Milani jump out of her sleep, and Dave frowned.

"Go back to sleep." He rasped, walking to open the door.

"This shit better be important or I got a bullet for you for waking my baby up." Dave told the guard who stood on the other side of the door.

"We found them boss." The guard, Rod, told him, and Milani sat up, tapping Dave to let her go.