36

6 months later. | Atlanta.

"Milani baby if you don't quit all that fucking crying." Nicki dabbed a napkin under her eyes.

"I'm just so scared. I'm so excited and-I don't even know oh my god." Milani sniffed, fanning her eyes.

"Girl if you mess this makeup up, I swear all this getting canceled." Solan frowned, fixing her blush.

"She stressing everybody out, lord jesus." Aaliyah laughed, making Milani smiled.

"Whew, okay, I'm done. I think." She sniffed, holding her dress as her mom tightened it against her figure.

"There's nothing to be scared of girl, you're going to keep doing the same thing except this time you're officially and legally married. It's just a title." Rohan told her, using a wipe to shine her heels.

"Thank you auntie." Milani smiled as she slipped them on, tying them around her calves.

"You look so pretty." Aaliyah smiled big at her bestfriend.

"Like so so pretty. I can't believe you grown and stuff now sista." Solan pouted, making her smile.

"You'll do great baby. Just stop worrying. Now, we're going to give you a few minutes to yourself and then I'll come back for you." Nicki kissed her cheeks.

"Thank y'all so much." Milani smiled, watching as the four of them walked out. She turned around, looking at herself in the mirror.

She couldn't believe she was about to get married. She couldn't believe this was her life.

She heard shoes click against the tile floor, before looking up, seeing Nau'Jour behind her in the mirror.

She turned to face him, and he wrapped his arms around her as she blinked back tears.

"I'm so scared Nana. I'm so fucking scared." She mumbled, and he kissed her forehead.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because this is the real deal. This is me committing my life to him, my heart. I'm ready I'm just really hoping I don't regret this. I want it to be as perfect as it's been the entire time. I don't want this to be a facade." She sniffed.

"Milani what I tell you about that? You have to live in the moment baby. Worrying about something that hasn't even happened you gone stop you from doing something that's a good thing. You getting married Rose. You know what that means? That means you loved him and was happy enough to say yes when he proposed, and nothing's changed since then. You're still happy, you been had this glow on your face since you had Kaia. Don't overthink this Milani. Don't ruin your happiness." He held her face as she looked up at him.

"Are you upset? Do you wish that this was us?" She mumbled softly, searching over his face.

"For the first time, I don't. I see how happy he makes you, and I want that to last. I know I make you happy too, so I'm okay. I'm okay with this Milani. I'm proud of you, and I'd never want to take your happiness from you. This a good thing Milani. This not the time to be worried about me or how I feel, today is about you. This shit finna be stamped, and you need to get ready to accept this. This is your life now. I promise I'm not going nowhere, we best friends for life. You my shoulder to lean on and my ear to listen to, always. We riding to til the wheels fall off, and after that, shid, we might walk." He shrugged, and she laughed, dabbing under her eyes.

"But I'm serious. You my baby Milani. My first love, my first bestfriend, shit, my first kiss. I'll forever hold us in my heart. You my baby for life. And I want you happy. And you're at your happiest when you're with him and your kids. Stay like that. I love you, and I'm proud of you." He told her, still holding her face.