30

Next Day.

"Baby what you doing?" Dave asked, walking in Milani's beauty room as she sat at her computer.

"Shopping." She shrugged, and he laughed, sitting on her couch.

"Look at me fat mama." He said, and she turned in her spinning chair, her heart dropping at the look on his face.

"You been acting weird since I picked you up last night. You got something you wanna tell me?" He asked, tilting his head to the side as he watched her shake her head no.

"Did you cheat on me?" He asked, and she frowned.

"No Asani. Why would I do that? Plus Kairi was there." She frowned, and he slowly nodded.

"I believe you. But something happened, and I'm giving you the chance to tell me on your own. If you don't wanna tell me, that's fine, but if I find out by myself, I'ma be pissed off because I'm giving you the chance now. We don't keep secrets baby, what's goin' on?" He leaned back on the couch, and she looked down at her hands.

"What you do Milani?" He asked, speaking lowly.

"I didn't cheat on you Asani I promise. I swear on my baby I didn't. So don't think that." She mumbled.

"I know you didn't. So just tell me what happened." He picked her up, placing her in his lap as he sat on the couch.

"I don't know if m-oh my god." She covered her face in her hands, and he grabbed her wrists, taking them off her face.

"Baby we talk shit out. I'm not here to yell at you or nothin'. We don't do that, so tell me what it is so we can figure it out together." He said, and she sniffed, nodding as he wiped her face.

"Is Kairi asleep?" She asked.

"Milani." He stalefaced her, and she sighed as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"I don't know 100% if my baby is yours or Nana's." She mumbled softly, and his eyebrows furrowed.

"What?" He frowned, and she looked up at him.

"I'm sorry Asani, I forgot I had sex with him. And our dates match up with my pregnancy, but yours do too because I fucked you the next day. Oh my god I'm sorry." She covered her face, and his leg shook under her.

"Aight. It's aight baby, stop crying. I'm not upset with you. Stop crying Rose." He rubbed her back, wrapping his arms around her.

"Baby I'm so sorry. I forgot." She sniffed, hugging around his neck.

"What's the chances that she's his?" He asked.

"Half and half. I'm pretty sure she was conceived that week. I'm sorry Asani." She mumbled.

"It's okay. Thank you for telling me." He kissed the side of her face.

"Asani i-if she's his, are you going to leave me?" She asked softly as she locked eyes with him.

"I don't know Milani. I wouldn't leave you, but if you have his kid I'm sure he'd want to be with her everyday. He'd want her to live with him." He said, and she frowned.

"My daughter is living with me, I already told him that. He won't have that choice." She told him.

"Milani that ain't fair mama. Whoever the dad is, got as much right to make decisions as you do." He replied.

"Sure, regular decisions. Her living situation? I decide that. She's my baby. And I wanna live here with you, I wanna be with you." She mumbled.

"Did you make an appointment already?" He asked.