5

Two weeks later.

"Asani I will tell them folks you got a phone if you don't be quiet right now." Milani mumbled, laying in her bed.

"I miss you." He told her, and she smiled, blushing.

"If I scream, will you still be my friend?" She asked, and he chuckled.

"You corny. Shut up." He rasped, and she laughed.

Milani's project was now over, so she no longer had to go to the prison every week. She couldn't lie and say she didn't miss him too.

He had been calling her every day, whether she had Kairi or not, just enjoying her company.

Milani was still ignoring Toosii, she didn't feel like talking to him. She knew she wouldn't be able to avoid him for long, but she was going to as long as she could.

"You want me to come see you?" She mumbled, hearing him smile.

"Mhm. Can you see if you can bring Kai please?" He asked, and she sighed.

"Asani I'm already overstepping boundaries with your mom. I don't wanna push it too far." She said, and she could hear him lowly sigh.

"I'll try okay?" She mumbled softly.

"Thank you Rose. I appreciate it." He told her, and she smiled.

"You're welcome. Isn't it your rec time? You stayed inside?" She asked.

"Mhm. So I could talk to you." He said, and she covered her face, feeling herself blush.

"Remember you used to hate me?" She smirked, and he chuckled.

"I never hated you. I don't really ever hate people. I just ain't like how you came in judging me before even talking to me." He told her, and she frowned.

"I didn't judge you." She retorted.

"Yeah you did. I heard you and white girl whispering bout me then I heard you go over to your teacher. It's cool, I ain't tripping. I'm used to it." He shrugged.

"It wasn't like that I just th-nevermind. You're right, I did judge you. I'm sorry Asani." She mumbled.

"You good, I probably would've judged me too. What you doing right now?" He switched the subject.

"Laying down. I think I wanna go get some food but I don't know if I feel like it yet. I might doordash it." She scrolled on the app on her phone.

"Doordash?" He questioned, and she laughed.

"You have not been gone that long. You know, food delivery? To your door? Doordash." She laughed, and he chuckled.

"Ion think that was popular when I was out. But say, I gotta go mama." He told her, and she frowned.

"I don't want you to." She mumbled.

"I know. Ima call you later to tell you goodnight ight? It's gone be late though so stay up for me." His deep voice rasped, and she bit her lip.

"Okay Asani. Don't forget." She rubbed her eye, sitting up in her bed.

"I won't. Bye mama." He said, before hanging up, and she screamed.

"Bitch get it together. This is a serial killer in jail. Damn." She mumbled to herself once she finished screaming.

She got out of her bed, pulling on one of Toosii's shirts over her panties at the same time a knock came to her door.

She groaned, knowing it was Toosii and she made her way to her kitchen, grabbing a caprisun. She threw the straw in the trash, biting a small hole in the pouch as she took her time making it to the door.