Alone - Ch.3

Hermione sat in the living room, her hands over her face. It was the next day and she still hadn't decided on what to do. Should she just accept it? Should she ignore what they said? What about her 'parents'? Her thoughts were cut short when she heard the front door open. She looked up, reaching for her wand when she saw Blaise Zabini standing in the door way of the living room. "I didn't invite you in"Hermione snarled, standing up.

"So?"He said.

"You can't just barge into my house" She snapped, getting up from the couch.

He rolled his eyes. "Well have you made up your mind?" He questioned. "About what?"Hermione asked. "Are you coming to the manor or not?"He said. She glared at him. "You're gonna need to go into more detail"She told. "Zabini Manor, are you coming or not?"He snapped. "Why would I go?"She questioned. "Because it's legally your home?"He said as if it were the most obvious thing. "Absolutely not!"She snapped.

"Why?"He asked. She narrowed her eyes at him.

"You brought your evil little Slytherin friends here to go through my house to 'find me' and nearly blew me up in the meantime, than you send my parents to Azkaban, and introduce me to a family I never knew and expect me to just live in their manor like nothing has ever happened?" She questioned.

"I just wanted to find my long lost sister that has been kidnapped for nearly 18 years. I didn't know what to expect so I brought them with me"He rolled his eyes.

"In large black cloaks and masks?"She said, glaring at him.

"Maybe we didn't think it through much, but you get the idea. We were looking for you, but we just didn't expect it to be you" He explained. Hermione ran her hand through her hair. "I still don't believe it"She told. "We look nothing alike, I know. But you look like Mother. Identical to how she looked like when she was younger"He said. She didn't say anything, but she sat back down on the couch.

"Just for a week, a week and see if you like the manor. We hate each other, I know, but just do it for Mother"He told. "You mean the mother I met yesterday? The one I know nothing about? What about the person I'm supposed to call 'father'?"She questioned.

Blaise's jaw clenched, now looking annoyed. "I'm only here to convince you to see mother. You can call Michael Zabini your father if you want, but he's nothing like one" He snarled, glaring at the wall behind her.

Hermione was confused but knew better than to question it. There was something he was hiding. "Just a week?"She said after a bit. "Yeah"He mumbled, seeming to shake his thoughts away. "Give me an hour or two than"She told, getting up. He looked at her, a bit confused. What made her change her mind so quickly? He nodded slowly and apparated out of the house.

After he left, Hermione decided she had to tell the Weasleys. As much as she wanted to deny it, It was the truth. Appearing in front of the burrow, Hermione went and knocked on the door. "Hermione! We've been waiting! Did the ministry do anything?"Ginny questioned as she let her in. "Let's go to Ron's room, I'll explain everything there" Hermione mumbled, running a hand through her hair.

Ginny seemed concerned but nodded. Entering Ron's room, Ginny made the two stop playing wizards chess and got their attention. "Well what happened?"Harry asked. "The ministry said they have more important things to worry about so they brushed me off. I went home, and the people returned"Hermione started. "What'd they do? Are you okay?"Ron questioned, sitting up straight. Hermione nodded after a few seconds. She didn't speak right away, still not having comprehended it herself.

"My parents... aren't my parents. They kidnapped me and those people took them to the ministry" Hermione went on. "They took your... fake parents to the ministry?"Ginny asked. "That's not even the most confusing part"Hermione muttered, running a hand through her hair as she sighed. "They took off their masks after and"She was saying before stopping. "Who was it?"Harry questioned. She didn't answer. She was slowly getting to the point and it was painful. "I'm Blaise Zabini's sister"She blurted.

Her hand covered her mouth, not meaning to say it so bluntly, as they took in what she said. "You're joking"Ginny said. Hermione shook her head slowly.

"How? It doesn't make any sense. You don't look alike in the slightest"Ron snapped. "I know, I know but his mother- well technically my mother is almost Identical to me"She told.

"Wait those people who broke into your house were Zabini and his family?"Harry asked. "Zabini, Malfoy, Parkinson and Nott"Hermione muttered. "Malfoy?!" Ron snarled. "Yes, and than when they came back yesterday, Zabini's parents came with proof I guess, and this morning Zabini came and I kinda agreed to spend the week with them"She said, scratching the back of her head.

"The week?"Ginny questioned. Hermione nodded, waiting for a full reaction. "You're just going for the money right? They're rich." Ron mumbled.

"Of course not-"She began before Ron interrupted. "Why else would you go? They're death eaters!" He snapped.

"I'm only going to see my mother!"She snarled. It felt weird, calling the woman Mother. But it was the truth. She wasn't going to see her 'brother' or his friends. She was going to see if it was true, if they were as similar as Zabini had said. "You barely know her!"He scoffed. "That's why I'm going!"She snapped. "Of course! Why don't you get us a new house while you're at it!"He said.

Hermione stared at him, what was going through his head? "Ron..." Harry muttered. She glared at him as she got up. "You know I'm not like that!" She snarled. She turned around, storming out of the room.

Hermione went to her house, outraged. How could he say such thing? She entered her room and grabbed a small bag to pack her things, feeling like she wanted to cry. All this was too much to take in, and Ron's reaction didn't make it any better. He was the one who spent her and Harry's money, he had no excuse to talk. Not to mention the fact they were dating, he should know her better than that. Shaking her head, she began paying attention to packing, Zabini would be there in 15 minutes.

It was only a week so she didn't put a lot of things; 3 pairs of clothing, and pyjamas. She closed her bag and went to the bathroom connected to her room. She washed her face, the cold water helping her calm down. She was trying to brush through her mess of hair when she heard a small pop. She checked her watch, he was 3 minutes early. She groaned, throwing the brush on the floor. Magically untangling her hair, Hermione peaked her head out of her room.

He was standing in the living room, waiting, but she could see someone with him. "No manners" She mumbled under her breath. They can't just apparate in and out of her house when they wanted. She didn't have time to do anything to her hair, she wasn't even dressed yet. She threw on a clean T-shirt and looked through her closet so she could change out of her sweatpants. She was looking for pants when she heard someone bang on her door. "Give me a minute!"She snapped, grabbing the first thing she saw. When she entered the bathroom and locked the door, she got dressed quickly, hearing the knocking continue.

She stormed over to the door and whipped it open. "I said give me a minute!"Hermione snarled. Draco Malfoy rolled his eyes and walked away. Grabbing her bag, she left her room. "You do not get to barge into my house whenever you want!"She snapped as she entered the living room.

Even better, Nott and Parkinson were there.

"You said an hour, do you expect me to wait outside?"Blaise questioned. "Yes! You came early, that's your fault. So all of you out, you're waiting outside till I'm done"She demanded, pushing them out of the living room.

"Are you serious?"Pansy Parkinson snapped. Hermione got them out of the house and slammed the door. As she made sure she hadn't forgotten anything, she put a spell on the house. Now no one could apparate in or out without her. Making sure she made them wait a bit longer, she closed the door of her room and turned off all the lights before heading to the front door. Beginning to rethink the idea, she shook her head. She didn't get into a fight with Ron just to forget going. Her mother was waiting for her.