Potions - Ch. 28

The weekend ended quickly and it was Monday morning. Hermione had double potions after Breakfast, and she was rushing around her room, forgetting where she had put her wand. Having gotten no sleep the night before, she let out a groan as she realized it was in the pocket of her cloak. Hermione left her room, seeing Draco waiting for her by the portrait. "You surely took your time" Draco rolled his eyes. "I could've gone with Ginny, you didn't need to stay"She snarled as she walked over. He ignored her comment, leaving the common room as she followed him.

They walked silently down to the Great hall, about 10 feet between them. What happened to him, Hermione didn't know- well she did, she just didn't understand. He seemed distant with her, only speaking with remarks. She wasn't going to chase after him, she kept her distance as well. She only spoke to him when spoken to, which made what ever they had strained. They weren't as good as friends, nor were they as bad as enemies anymore. It was somewhere in between.

They separated once they'd gotten to the great hall. Draco sat at the far end of their friend group and Hermione sat on the other end. She was surrounded by Pansy, Astoria and Daphne, while Draco was surrounded by Blaise, Pike and Theo.

"I haven't finished Slughorn's essay yet, I've been working on it for hours, and all I need is one more potion"Pansy complained. "He wanted us to name 40 potions! 40 potions and how they're made!" Astoria scoffed. "I've checked nearly all the books, it makes it even more difficult because it has to be potions we're able to make" Pansy added. "Give us yours, you must've finished it"Daphne said, turning to Hermione. She rolled her eyes, pulling out her essay before placing it on the table.

The three scanned over it quickly, checking their own essays to see if they had written similar ones down. "Polyjuice potion? Granger, did you hear me? It has to be potions we're able to make"Pansy scoffed. "I've made Polyjuice potion before, I first made it in second year"Hermione shrugged, looking at her parchment. She was met with silence so she glanced up, taken back when she saw how they were staring at her.

"Second year? What did you need Polyjuice potion for in second year?"Astoria snapped, staring at her in bewilderment.

"It was for what had happened with the chamber of secrets" Hermione said.

"What were you doing with it? Trading places with the monster?"Pansy questioned.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "We were suspicious that someone was the heir of Slytherin" Hermione began, avoiding the urge to glance at Draco. "So we took matters in our own hands to find out"She told. "You're telling me you marched up to the heir of Slytherin to find out if they were killing people?" Blaise said.

She had drawn the attention of the entire friend group, her face slightly reddening at the amount of attention. "Well it wasn't him-"She began but was interrupted. "But you still did it?"Theo questioned. "I didn't do it, I was stuck in the hospital wing"She corrected. "Well who'd you think it was?" Pansy asked.

Hermione didn't answer, shaking her head. "Why were you in the hospital wing? Did the potion backfire?"Daphne went on. "I had taken the wrong hair, and was turned into half animal"Hermione said. "But the others took the potion-"She tried to continue before being interrupted once more. "Others? As in Potter and Weasley?"Draco questioned.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Forget it, it doesn't matter, you 3 check the list for potions, we have 20 minutes to get to class"She said, turning back to Astoria, Daphne, And Pansy. "You're continuing the story later on"Pansy told, looking back at the paper. The others kept pushing her though, trying to find out as much as they could.

"At least give us a name!", "Who were you?", the questions kept coming and Hermione left the great hall as quickly as she could.

They trailed behind her, all the way to the dungeons. "Why can't you tell us! It's been years!"Pansy groaned as they stopped near the classroom. "It's not that I can't tell you, I simply don't want to"She stated, smiling at them over her shoulder. She just wanted to have some things left secret between her, Harry and Ron. Just to have good memories of them alone, before everyone else joined them.