Celebration - Ch. 15

They returned to the Manor an hour or so before the party. After Ginny apparated away, Hermione entered the Manor and was walking to her room when she heard Eleanor calling for her. "I've been looking for you for an hour dear, where have you been?"Eleanor asked, taking her breath before standing up straight. "Sorry, I was out with my friend. Didn't Blaise tell you?"Hermione said.

"He's out as well, Him and Draco were going to see Narcissa. She's been released"Eleanor grinned, excited to her friend again. Hermione smiled at her excitement, and nodded. "You and Blaise's party is soon, why don't you go get ready. I got you a dress that I think you might like, you don't have to wear it of course"Eleanor said, adding the last part quickly. Hermione smiled again and was about to walk away before she turned back to Eleanor.

"Who's coming tonight?"She asked. "Well almost everyone who was at the last dinner. Not all of them saw you, we were all too busy talking.  But since the news came out that you were a Zabini..., well I've been getting letters from them. So I thought why not get to know them tonight"Eleanor explained, a grin on her face. She didn't seem to sense Hermione's discomfort as she walked away, saying she would check in on her in half an hour.

Hermione sighed, it was worse without the parents knowing her. She went to her room and found a box on her bed. She opened it and held up the dress. It was a long black spaghetti strap dress. She rolled her eyes and entered the bathroom.

She changed into it and stood in front of the mirror. "Why are they always so dressed up..."She mumbled, doing a little turn as she looked in the mirror. "It's not dressed up if it's for your birthday"She heard from her room. Hermione's head snapped to the door, before she rushed over. She saw Pansy Parkinson sitting on the chair near her window. "Why, just come right in Parkinson"Hermione said sarcastically. "Don't be dramatic, I'm only here to help you. Your mother sent me to help you with everything"Pansy told as she stood.

"And that dress is not going to work, the theme went from Black to Green. I'll find a dress, and you go wash your hair. We have half an hour before everyone arrives"Pansy added. "Green? Mother seems so sure I'll end up in Slytherin"Hermione muttered, turning and heading back to the bathroom. "Well I mean you and Blaise are siblings, so there's a high chance you will be in Slytherin too"Pansy shrugged, going through Hermione's closet.

"Parvati and Padma Patil are twins and they're in separate houses"Hermione scoffed. "And Astoria And Daphne are sisters and they're both in Slytherin. And all the weasels are in Gryffindork. So you can be Slytherin"Pansy told. "Stop trying to jinx yourself into Gryffindor and get dressed. Here"Pansy added, throwing her a dress.

"This is even more- extra!"Hermione snapped, holding up the emerald green dress. "Well the daily prophet invited themselves and are waiting downstairs, so it's either extra or you're shamed for being rich and wearing an awful dress"Pansy said. "The daily prophet is here?"Hermione questioned. "Of course you're hard of hearing, Blaise is the same. Now hurry"Pansy told, rolling her eyes.

Hermione scoffed and entered the bathroom, changing once more. She put on the green dress and looked at herself in the mirror. She was right, this was a bit dramatic.

10 minutes later, Pansy finished her hair and left to get dressed herself. Recor appeared barely a second later in her room. "Mistress says Mistress Hermione wear these"Recor told, holding a box over her head. "Thank you Recor"Hermione smiled as she took the box. Recor disappeared and Hermione opened the box. Resisting the urge to scoff, Hermione held up the necklace. It was a silver and emerald necklace, snakes in the chain. Slytherin.

 Slytherin