Clue - Ch. 40

Days passed, half way through the second week. "You must've done something for her to be physically avoiding you for this long"Theo said.

"Haven't you noticed? Hermione only sends letters to Mother and Draco! I don't think that's avoiding"Blaise smirked. Draco glared at the two from across the table. Him and Theo were playing wizards chess in the living room.

The living room doors were thrown open and Pansy rushed in. "She sent a letter"Pansy said, trying to catch her breath. "Who?"Theo asked. "Hermione you dimwit! There's something wrong, I'm telling you"She told, walking over. "And what makes you think that?"Blaise questioned. "Look"She said, placing the letter on the table in front of them.

Sorry I haven't been able to come by yet. It's difficult with the Weasleys throwing dinner parties every other day. Molly is throwing one tonight for me, Harry and Ron, you know, since today marks 2 months of us being 'reunited' (as she put it).

I guess now I've realized why I was so happy when I first saw Ron again. It reminded me of how things used to be. I'm so glad you were supportive of my decision befriending Ron again. You're a great friend Pans,

Hermione

Draco bit his tongue, pushing the letter away from him. "This is like every other letter she's sent" Draco snapped. "Oh honestly, how dumb can you 3 be!"Pansy barked.

"When did Weasley return? Last month! Not 2 months ago! And Hermione wasn't exactly happy when she saw him, she was petrified!"Pansy told.

"Maybe she's delusional"Theo shrugged. "You guys aren't taking this seriously. I have a terrible feeling about this"Pansy said. "Pansy, what could possibly happen to her?" Blaise asked.

"I don't know but-"

"-But you're exaggerating, I'm sure she's completely fine" Draco interrupted.

Pansy smacked the back of his head. "Show us the letters she's sent you than!"She snapped.

"Those are top secret"Theo smirked. "Yes, because Draco is much more important than us, Hermione values him very much" Blaise agreed.

"I'm telling you your sister has possibly been kidnapped and you're cracking jokes?" Pansy barked. Blaise's grin fell. "She couldn't have been kidnapped-"

"When was the last time we saw her? When was the last time you saw her?"She questioned, turning to Draco. "She had her wand when she returned to the head dorm, and if she was kidnapped, why would her trunk disappear? Why would she continue to send letters?" Draco challenged.

"Draco just give me the letters"She snapped.

Theo and Blaise open their mouths to speak but stopped when Draco pulled out his wand. A second later, 4 paper balls were in the room. "Here's the first one"He muttered, handing her one of them.

She opened it and read through it, glancing at him every couple seconds. "Draco... read it again. Read it and try to find hints"She told, giving it back.

He would've torn the paper into shreds if he hadn't seen a possibility in her words. He was now hoping Pansy was wrong and Hermione was just trying to bother him.

He read it again, and again, before it dawned on him. "She was trying to get me to go to the weasels..." He muttered. His hands began to tremble as he folded the letter. The letters all disappeared in an instant as he left his seat before practically racing out of the room.

Pansy, Blaise and Theo were right behind him. They barely made it out of the manor before watching him apparate away and followed after him.

Draco ran to the door of the burrow and began banging on the door. "POTTER! WEASLEY! OPEN THIS DOOR NOW!" He yelled. Blaise quickly made it to his side, pulling him away from the door as it opened.