Aurors - Ch.23

Hermione stayed in her room for the rest of the day, her head in her hands. She had managed to get Pansy to leave so she could have some time alone. He had other intentions, her mind kept telling her. Why would he drink if he just wanted to talk?

She sat on the floor, her back against her bed. She closed her eyes as she thought. Was he too scared to talk and needed something to help him? That thought just seemed unreal. Hermione sighed, running a hand through her hair. He flew in through the window because she refused to see him. He told her he loved her.

Where was Lavender? Why would he come and tell her he loved her if he was still with Lavender? He's a cheating bastard, she reminded herself. Of course he would tell her he loved her, he was regretting ever leaving her. But why was he regretting it now? After everything?

Her thoughts were interrupted as she heard a knock on the door. "Who is it?"She called, looking over her shoulder. There wasn't an answer but the door opened. Draco peaked his head in the room, looking for her before he saw her on the floor. "Why are you on the floor?"He questioned, stepping into the room. She shrugged, turning her head away from him. She heard his footsteps get closer to her and closed her eyes, what did he want?

She heard something fall and her eyes snapped open as she looked over. He'd brought her books. She glanced up at him, confused. He stared at her, as if he was monitoring her. "Are you alright Granger?" He asked.

He could tell she was surprised about the question but she looked away again. "As well as one can be, I guess" She muttered, running a hand through her hair again. She heard his footsteps get farther away before hearing her door close.

There was talking. He was talking to someone in the common room. "I don't care, you're going to wait"She heard him say. She glanced over her shoulder, what was happening?

The door opened again and Draco returned, closing the door behind him. "Who's in the common room?"She questioned as she got up. She could see him debating whether he should tell her or not. She raised an eyebrow, waiting for his reply.

"Aurors"He said shortly. "Aurors?"She repeated. "McGonagall owled them. She suspended him, and he's being sent to his parents till they decide what to do with him"He told. She took in what he was saying and nodded slowly. "Are you alright?"he asked again.

She looked up at him, he seemed sincere and... worried?

She nodded her head slowly again, why was he worried? Did something else happen? She turned to look away again before noticing his bandaged hand. "Are you okay! What happened to you!"She questioned as she rushed over.

She took his hand before he could react. "What happened?"She repeated, glancing up at him. He stared down at her before speaking. "Might've broken my wrist"He mumbled, shifting his eyes away from hers.

"And you didn't go to the hospital wing? What's wrong with you!"She snapped, reaching to open the door. He stepped in front of her, stopping her from reaching the door. "Granger, you can't leave this room"He said. "What? Why-"She asked but he interrupted.

"They're waiting for you, they want to take you to the ministry to file a proper report. They already took Blaise as a witness, and Weaselette-"He told. "Witness?"She repeated. "McGonagall offered Blaise and your mother-" He began.

"My mother? She's here?"She questioned.

"Granger you have to listen to me without interrupting" Draco said.

She scoffed but didn't talk. "Your mother is getting restraining order against him, to cover the whole family. She heard what happened on the train with Blaise so she's going to get a restraining order to protect him and you"He explained.