Shock - Ch.10

Ginny froze, staring back at Hermione with equal shock. "What do you mean? You sent a letter, you both agreed to stay friends, you said you didn't think it would work out" Ginny told. "Ginny, we never broke up" Hermione repeated, shaking her head slowly as she stepped back. "He's been with Lavender? He's been cheating on me with Lavender in plain sight?"She muttered, watching Ginny cover her mouth. "I'm sorry, I- I didn't know"She mumbled, stepping towards Hermione. "He told us you left each other, that you didn't want to be around him. We thought he was coping with Lavender, he's been bringing her to lunch for the past 5 days"Ginny went on, hugging Hermione. "We never broke up"Hermione muttered, squeezing her eyes shut.

"Fred wants Fizzing Whizzbees, Charlie wants Pixie puffs and George wants Pumpkin-" Hermione's eyes shot open, coming face to face with Ron and Harry. "Hermione? We didn't know you were here!"Harry grinned, walking over before his grin vanished, realizing Hermione was glaring at Ron. "We never broke up"Hermione said in a low voice, repeating the sentence for the 4th time. Harry glanced at Ron, he was just staring at Hermione, not saying a word. "We never broke up!"She snapped. Ron looked at the ground for a second before meeting her eyes. "You knew I wouldn't be with someone who has a death eater family" He said slowly. "Ron!"Ginny snarled, turning to glare at him. "We fell apart the day you chose to be with death Eaters, you should've known that" He muttered. "They're my family!" Hermione snapped. "We were your family first!"He snarled.

"Ron, where are you?"A voice was heard. Lavender turned the corner, walking in on all of them.

"Oh Hermione! I didn't know you were here, is it true? What they've been writing in the daily prophet?"Lavender asked.

"Lavender, me and Ron didn't break up"Hermione stated, her voice cracking.

Lavender stared confused. "You were dating Ron?" She asked. "They've been dating all summer" Ginny snarled, glaring at her brother. "No... we were dating all summer... Ron came to the hospital to check on me after the war"Lavender told, glancing over at her boyfriend. "It doesn't matter, Lavender, we should get back to the game"Ron said, staring at Hermione as he held Lavenders hand before walking away. Lavender kept looking back at the three confused before they were out of view.

Hermione put her hand over her mouth, trying to conceal a sob. "Hermione he told us..."Harry mumbled, reaching over for her hand. "We should've realized, I'm so sorry"Ginny told, wrapping her arm around Hermione's shoulders. Hermione closed her eyes, a tear sliding down her face. "I knew he was mad- but I didn't think he would-"She was saying, her voice cutting off with a sob. "Harry get her some water"Ginny said, pulling her into a hug. Harry went right away and Ginny stepped away, holding her hands. "We should've realized, he mentioned Lavender a lot. We didn't notice, I'm sorry"Ginny kept apologizing.

"Granger" Someone called. "Who is that?"Ginny questioned, looking down the hall. Hermione wiped her face quickly. "I have to go, thank Harry for me"She said quickly, before walking toward the sound. Ginny didn't get time to say anything before Hermione was gone.

"I'm missing the game to find you, and you're just wandering around?"Draco questioned. "Boo hoo, I lied, get over it"Hermione snapped, walking past him as she hid her face. He rolled his eyes, following her back to the box.

"Where was she?"Blaise asked, after Hermione ignored him. "Wandering around, she was talking to people"Draco told as he sat down. "Didn't you hear what mother said?"Blaise sighed, looking back toward the game. They stopped talking as the announcer mentioned the scores.

Hermione leaned back in her chair, closing her eyes. "We're going to get snacks" Pansy said, dragging Hermione up with her as she walked past. "Don't leave her alone, Mother will kill me!"Blaise called after them. "You were crying, what happened?" Pansy questioned the second they left the room. "Nothing, why would you care?"Hermione muttered, turning her face away. "I may not like you, but you're Blaise's sister, and he's been one of my closest friends since we were like 3. The least I can do is be kind to you, so talk" Pansy told.