Greetings - Ch. 47

For the rest of the day, Hermione only returned to her room once, to place the picture of her parents in her desk, along with the necklace.

But other than that, she was going all around the manor. Currently, She was in the ball room, watching as the others played Quidditch. It was snowing so they weren't able to play outside, but they found a way around it. They created large hoops and even made stands, Hermione and Daphne being the only ones observing.

Pansy and Astoria were able to play with them, Eleanor giving them brooms as long as they didn't tell their parents. They were surprisingly good for their first time playing, but Hermione suspected their situation was similar to Ginny's.

Team one was Theo, Pansy, Pike, Adrian Pucey (Blaise's choice, much to Pansy's annoyance), Crabbe, Sally and Graham Montague.

Team two was Draco, Blaise, Astoria, Grayson Bletchley, Noah Urquhart, Lily, and Goyle.

Hermione watched, amused as they almost crashed into chandeliers every 10 seconds. She was glad the others hadn't changed the way they acted with her. Those pity looks her friends gave her whenever they came over killed her. She didn't need to be pitied.

Others from Slytherin had also came by today. Crabbe, Montague, Bletchley, Urquhart, and Goyle were some of the few who were going to stay for a few days, from what Blaise had told her.

She was drawn back to the game a bludger shot past her, bouncing off the wall behind her. "I honestly don't know how they thought this was a good idea"Daphne shook her head as Pucey flew into a chandelier, barely catching himself as he slipped off his broom.

"When have they had any logical good ideas?" Hermione grinned. "Absolutely never" Daphne ducked as a bludger flew at her head.

"OI! Do you hear this!"Blaise shouted to the others. They looked over. "Apparently we've had no logical ideas ever!"He told.

"Oh really!"Pansy smirked. Their game paused as they looked toward Hermione and Daphne. "This is when they start attacking"Daphne muttered, jumping from her seat.

Hermione crashed the stands into the ground, causing her and Daphne to nearly fall. Daphne grabbed Hermione's wrist and ran. To avoid being dragged around, she transfigured her shoes into roller skates.

They heard something above and glanced up, seeing brooms fly past them. "Fuck" Daphne cursed, stopping as she knew there was no use running. Hermione pulled her closer by her arm and as the Slytherins above made a circle around them, she apparated.

Landing in the kitchen, Hermione leant against the counter for support, having left her crutches behind. "How can you still apparate?"Daphne questioned, gasping for breath. "I can barely breathe and couldn't apparate, how are you able to?"

Hermione only smirked, conjuring a glass of water and handing it to Daphne. "They won't find us, right?"Hermione asked, sitting on a chair close to her. "It'll take them some time, but they will eventually. Blaise gets hungry instantly, so they'll be here soon" Daphne told.

Daphne sat on the chair across from her, her feet up on the counter. "I heard the Minister of Magic was here, I assume it has something to do with you?"Daphne said, raising an eyebrow.

"They were returning my wand and ring" Hermione answered, holding up her hand and showing the heirloom on her finger. Daphne gave a nod and didn't bring it up again.

They had 20 minutes, just talking and getting food. They were eating strawberry pie when the doors of the kitchen were pushed open. "It's not my fault I don't want to starve!"They heard Blaise's voice.

As they came into view, the others froze and stared at them. "Well hello to you too"Daphne smirked, seeing the others groan. Pansy smacked Blaise's head as she walked over to them. "You wasted our energy for nothing and they were here the whole time"Pansy scoffed, taking a fork and taking a piece of Hermione's slice.