December - Ch. 35

Over the next two weeks, they managed to plan the ball before Winter break. There was 2 days till everyone would be returning home. "Do you mind?" Ginny snapped at Seamus when he wouldn't realize she was waiting for him to move from his seat beside Harry. "Sorry"Seamus said quickly, getting up. For the past 3 days, barely anyone was able to speak with her without having their life threatened.

"Gin you could've just asked"Harry told, giving her a cheeky grin. Him and Hermione were the only ones she wouldn't blow up at.

"He should've realized, he isn't observant"Ginny snapped, putting food in her plate. "Gin do you need a calming potion?"Ron questioned.

"I will shove this fork up your-"

"Hello Hermione!"Harry quickly interrupted, watching Hermione walk over to the Gryffindor table.

She grinned. "You should consider a calming potion"Hermione said as she sat down beside Harry. "What's brought you here? To give me medication?"Ginny said, rolling her eyes.

"A proper 'Good Morning' would've been fine"Hermione told. "And I'm asking if any of you are staying at Hogwarts"She added, glancing around at the small group.

Neville shook his head, but Dean and Seamus nodded. "We're staying at the burrow, Charlie is planning on coming for a few weeks"Ron told her.

Just last week, Hermione managed to convince Draco to give her just 5 minutes with Ron, after she had gotten over her paranoia. They talked for a bit and understood that it would take time to rebuild their friendship.

"I'm surprised Malfoy let you leave the table"Harry muttered to Hermione once Ron and Ginny were distracted. "I'm still within 20 feet so he can't do anything" Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Where're you going for the holidays 'Mione?"Ginny asked, turning to her. "I'm staying at the manor for a bit, than I'm gonna go to my house for the rest"Hermione told. "So you aren't gonna come to the burrow?"Ron questioned. "Maybe for a day or two, but no more"Hermione said, a small frown on her face.

"Granger" They heard behind them a few minutes later.

Hermione turned her head to look over her shoulder, as did the others. She watched him glance at the other Gryffindors in disgust, his eyes narrowing as they lingered on Ron.

"We're going"He told, switching his gaze back to her. "You've barely been here for 10 minutes"She scoffed. "Well your brother has gotten himself on a death list and I refuse to miss it"Draco smirked at her.

Hermione let out a groan as she got up. "Is it Parkinson or Nott?"She questioned as he dragged her out of the great hall. "Even better,"He said, turning the corridor. "Me"

"What!" She snapped, stopping in her tracks. "Why? What did he do?"She questioned.

"Your brother... he likes to meddle with things that don't concern him"He said, turning to her as he raised his hand to her chin, tilting it.

She quickly pushed him away, stepping back. "You did something, didn't you!"She said, glaring at him.

Draco smirked, "I said something, he thought I was implying something and came up with the wrong conclusion"

"And this conclusion happened to scar your ego?"Hermione raised an eyebrow, knowing the two of them well by now.

"Your brother seems to think that you can resist me, and that a hippogriff has a higher chance of being liked" He told.

"He's not wrong" She scoffed.

Draco raised an eyebrow as he stepped forward, "Oh?" He said. "Then I must've misunderstood the things you were saying the other day"