Distant - Ch. 27

The next few weeks in the common room were silent. Draco avoided Hermione whenever he could and she did the same. She spent more time with Harry and Ginny so Draco wouldn't have to be around her. They rarely were alone now, they would hide in their rooms if there was any chance they'd end up alone.

This didn't go unnoticed by their friends however. Ginny questioned Hermione about it every time, but Hermione just told her she was imagining things.

"You can lie to Weaselette but you can't lie to me"Pansy snapped as she entered Hermione's room. "You know there's something called knocking" Hermione rolled her eyes, closing her book.

"What's happening between you and Draco? He took his baby sitter role so seriously and now he's avoiding every second of it!"Pansy told, sitting on Hermione's bed. "Why don't you go ask him?" Hermione suggested. Pansy narrowed her eyes at her, "did you and Draco kiss?"She asked.

"NO!"Hermione snapped, her eyes nearly popping out of her head.

"Than what's wrong! You know what, get your coat, we're leaving"Pansy said as she stood. "What? I'm in my pyjamas, and I'm not going anywhere"Hermione rolled her eyes. "Yes you are"Pansy told, walking over to Hermione's dresser. She pulled out a light green jumper and jeans before throwing it over at Hermione. "Come on, you have 5 minutes"Pansy said before leaving the room. Hermione groaned, looking down at the clothes in her hand. Reluctantly, Hermione got up and changed.

Opening her door, Hermione left her room. She caught sight of Pansy in the common room, and walked over. "Great, let's go"Pansy said, jumping to her feet. She grabbed Hermione's arm and ran out of the common room. "Parkinson, where are we going!"Hermione questioned, glancing back at the students in the corridor. "You'll see"Pansy told, sending her a smirk over her shoulder.

Hermione was forced into her seat in the quidditch stands. "I hate quidditch"Hermione mumbled, trapped between Pansy and Astoria. "No one hates Quidditch"Astoria scoffed. "Why are we even here, there's no one playing" Hermione said. "They're right there" Pansy told, pointing down at the field. Hermione leaned over in her seat and saw the Slytherin Quidditch team come out on the field. Hermione looked over her shoulder and glared at Pansy, "really?"She snapped.

Pansy only smirked, turning her attention away from her. Hermione glanced back at the field, her eyes searching over the team. She caught Theo's eye, who smirked before nudging Blaise.

"Look Pansy and Astoria came"Blaise said loudly, pointing towards them. Draco glanced over, instantly regretting it. He saw Blaise and Theo smirking out of the corner of his eye and scowled, Gits. He had a hard time looking away however, this was the first time he'd caught her eye in nearly 2 weeks. "Get on your brooms, and do a few laps!" Draco demanded, finally tearing his eyes away from her.

Hermione looked around the field, remembering how she used to watch the Gryffindors play. Now most of them suspected she'd be leaking information about the team to the Slytherins. Some even refused to practice while she was there. It was the other week, she left the Gryffindor practice on the verge of tears, she had only gone because Ginny had begged her.

"Why haven't any of you tried out?"Hermione asked, distracting herself from her thoughts. "Us? Well we wanted to, but our parents didn't approve. They refused to buy us brooms and we weren't going to use the schools"Astoria told, staring as the players flew around the field. "They found it foolish"Pansy muttered, glaring at nothing in particular.

A few minutes of laps and they had brought out the quidditch balls. While Draco was giving them instructions, Hermione glanced at the players. It seemed like Blaise and Theo were chasers, And Crabbe and Goyle were beaters. There was two other people there, the keeper and another chaser.