Day 1 - Ch.5

It was too difficult, no potions, no pills, no nothing.

Hermione sat in the bed awake the whole night. She had forgotten to make her dreamless potions, she forgot to pack her deep sleep medications, all because those idiots had showed up early. Now she couldn't sleep, not wanting to act up on her first night. She couldn't ask them for potions, she wasn't going to let them see her this vulnerable. And she wasn't going to risk them hearing her pathetic mumbling while she experienced nightmares. She paced around the room to keep herself awake.

5 minutes.

10 minutes.

15 minutes.

She was getting tired. She couldn't walk, but if she sat down on her bed she would sleep. Hermione looked around the room, there was a tiny corner near the door, away from plain sight. Looking at the soft comfy bed one more time, she walked over to the corner and sat down. She leaned her head back and took in every detail of the room. The designs on the doors, the amount of wool in the carpet.

She barely closed her eyes for a second when she woke up to the door of the room closing. Hermione sat up, and realized that there was a blanket on her. She got up, wondering who had entered her room. She opened the door and looked out but no one was there. Why would someone check on her? Her eyes went wide as she checked the time. She had fallen asleep, it was 6 in the morning. Praying she had not had a nightmare, she ran a hand through her hair as she sighed. Hermione headed to the bathroom and washed her face, before looking in the mirror. She wasn't sweating, and her eyes weren't red, she doubted she had had a nightmare. But why else would someone enter her room? And who was it? Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a pop in the room. Peaking her head out the bathroom, she saw a house elf there, holding a trey of vials.

Hermione stepped out of the bathroom and realized there was a bunch of potions. "What're those for?" She asked. "Master Blaise wants Recor to bring Mistress Dreamless potions" Recor said. 'Shit' Hermione thought, why didn't she remember having a nightmare? "Recor Suggests that mistress takes one potion 5 minutes before sleeping"Recor added as she put the trey on Hermione's bedside table. "When did he tell you?"Hermione asked. "Master Blaise said an hour ago, but Recor had to make the potion. Mistress Eleanor checked in 10 minutes ago so Recor can hurry" Recor explained.

"Way to ruin the first day" Hermione mumbled as she ran a hand through her hair. Recor left but apparated in barely 5 minutes later, clothes in her hands. "Mistress Eleanor says Zabini Family will eat in restaurant today, with guests"Recor added as she put the clothes on the bed.

After Hermione thanked her, Recor left and Hermione went through the clothes. There was 2 dresses, one was knee-length and black and the other was a dark green and floor-length. They seemed too fancy for breakfast, and for a restaurant. "Recor?"Hermione called, feeling guilty for having to make the house elf work.

Recor appeared a second later. "Yes Mistress?"The house elf squeaked. "I'm sorry, but When are we going to the restaurant?"Hermione asked. "At dinner Mistress, Mistress Eleanor wants Mistress to pick the dress she likes"Recor explained. Hermione nodded her head slowly, before looking at the dresses again. "Who will be there, if you don't mind me asking?" Hermione asked.

"Many of Mistress Eleanor's friends" Recor told. The green dress seemed more fit for the dinner, more formal. "I'll wear the green one"Hermione said, picking it up. Recor asked for it to be handed to her before apparating away, telling Hermione she would take the other dress later. Hermione wondered if anyone ever felt as bad as she did after telling house elves to do anything, it was just terrible.

Recor didn't return for awhile so Hermione went back to the bathroom. She had just finished brushing her teeth when Recor apparated into the room. "Mistress Eleanor says Mistress will wear the black dress for breakfast"Recor said, holding up the dress. "Thank you"Hermione smiled, taking the dress from her. "Would Mistress like Recor to lead her to the dining room?"Recor asked. "No thank you" Hermione said. Recor seemed a bit worried by Hermione's politeness but didn't say anything before apparating away. Hermione put the dress on the vanity and looked in the mirror. Her hair was a mess, she couldn't believe they saw her like this.