Teddy - Ch. 54

Hermione brought Teddy straight into her room. Luckily, the Malfoys had gone out to a late night dinner, back to their manor. She was hoping they wouldn't return till next morning, she knew how difficult it was for Andromeda to let her grandson see people who had hurt her.

That night, she had created a crib for Teddy. He had fallen asleep after his bath and only woke up when she apparated. "I'll be right here Teddy, if you need something, I'm here"Hermione told. Even though Teddy didn't understand her, he seemed comforted at seeing her beside him.

She rocked him back to sleep, staying beside him for 10 minutes straight. His hair was a teal colour now, Hermione noticed it was teal whenever he was relaxed. She smiled gently, rocking the crib with her foot, a book in her hands.

She got up soon after, going back to her bed. She laid down but her eyes were on the crib. She slowly looked over at her memorial, specifically Tonks and Remus. She smiled gently, she would show them to him later. She turned over and closed her eyes, hoping Teddy wouldn't be scared in his new room.

An hour or two later, Hermione woke up to whining.

"Nee"

She groaned, stuffing her face in her pillow. "Neeee" The voice mumbled again. Who was Nee? Hermione pulled the covers over her head, trying to muffle out the noise. Hermione froze, remembering who was with her.

She sat up and snapped her head towards the crib. Teddy stood there, holding his arms out as he opened and closed his hands. "Oh Teddy!"Hermione got up instantly, rushing over to him. She picked him up, cradling him in her arms.

He sat up in her arms and wrapped his arms around her neck, burying his face in her shoulder. She patted his back as she paced around the room slowly. "Sweep" She heard him mumble.

She let out a soft laugh, "Sleep?" She corrected. She felt Teddy nod his head before he turned to face her. He pointed at her bed and Hermione rolled her eyes. She went over and placed him down, going to the other side of the bed. She sat on the edge and he crawled over, cuddling up next to her.

She smiled and lied down, hugging him. "Wuv you, Nee" He said, turning his back to her and burying his face in the pillows.

~

Hermione woke up to her door opening not too long later, but brushed it off, knowing it was Draco. She waited to feel him lie down next to her, but he never came. She didn't hear any footsteps either.

She cracked an eye open and saw him standing at the doorway, staring at her. Well, more particularly, at her arms. She glanced down and remembered Teddy was beside her. She smiled and looked back over at him, watching a look of distaste cover his face.

"What is that doing in my bed?"

"He has a name"Hermione rolled her eyes. "Is he yours?" Draco asked. Hermione's eyes went wide, why would he think such thing? She looked back down at Teddy and realized his hair was the same chocolate brown as hers.

"No, he's Harry's godson" Hermione told, sitting up on one arm.

"So you've replaced me with some Potter spawn?"

Hermione rolled her eyes, "He's your cousin"

Draco froze. His eyes left Hermione, now looking at the child. He was thinking hard, Hermione could tell as his brows furrowed.

"Hermione, who is he?"

It dawned on Hermione that he didn't exactly know anything about the Tonks Family. "Teddy Lupin, Tonks and Remus' son"She said.

His eyes slowly drifted to the memorial. "Nymphadora Tonks..." He mumbled, staring at his cousin. Her face was split into a grin, Ginny and Hermione beside her. He then looked at the picture of his former professor.