Match - Ch.9

The next few days went by slowly, and Hermione couldn't wait to leave the house. She was planning on going to diagon alley Tuesday morning to get school supplies but was disappointed when she found out that Eleanor had already bought them. She had the house elves put them in the corner of her room, beside her trunk.

She had nothing to do anymore, Eleanor didn't force her to go out, so she was now trapped between her room and the library with nothing to do. She didn't know if she was still welcomed at the burrow, and didn't bother to find out. All she had to cure her boredom was books, but even that became boring.

She was sitting by the window of her room, looking into the yard. She saw 2 people near the fence, before recognizing them. It was Theodore Nott and Draco Malfoy. She rolled her eyes, what were they doing now? She sat at the edge of the chair, looking closely and realizing they were exchanging money.

"Stalking my friends, are you?"She heard behind her, causing her to fall from her seat.

She threw a glare at Blaise as she stood up. "It's not my problem, they're in front of my window" She snapped. Blaise scoffed, looking out the window. "They're making a bet, and they are in fact not in front of your window"Blaise said. Hermione rolled her eyes, "why are you in my room?" She questioned. "Flint has a quidditch game today, and you're coming with us" Blaise told. "I am not going to some dumb game, I rather stay here and die of boredom" Hermione snapped.

"Well too bad, it's the first game since the war and a lot of people are going, you're lucky we were able to get tickets"Blaise said. "Refund my ticket, I'm not going" She said. "Hermione you don't have a choice, Mother and Michael want to stay here alone. So you're going to come with us, and be happy you're sitting in the top box, and not in the 26th with your precious Weasleys" He told, walking to the door. "What? What do you mean!"She questioned, rushing in front of him. "Your Weasleys are going to the game"He said plainly. "I'm definitely not going!"She snarled. "We bought the tickets, you're going. The game is at 6" Blaise rolled his eyes, pushing past her and leaving the room. Groaning as she threw herself on the bed, Hermione regretted ever entering this manor.

An hour or two later, Hermione was still not ready. All the clothes that Eleanor had bought for her made it difficult to pick which to wear. It was 5:35 and they were supposed to leave in 10 minutes. There was a knock on her door, and Hermione felt like she was about to explode. She opened the door and saw Eleanor. "Are you having trouble getting ready?" Eleanor questioned. Without asking questions, she nodded and stepped aside for Eleanor to walk in. She went to Hermione's closet and skipped the outfits, going straight to the dresses. "You might be attacked by paparazzi at the game, so I want you to be careful"Eleanor said, rummaging through Hermione's closet. "Paparazzi?" Hermione repeated. "Well you've been on the cover of the daily prophet for the past 5 days"Eleanor laughed, pulling out a short black dress. She turned to give it to Hermione and realized the shock on her face.

"You haven't seen the daily prophet?"Eleanor asked, surprised.

"No" Hermione told, now worried for the worst.

Eleanor stared at her for a second before calling Recor. "Get me today's daily prophet"Eleanor said as Recor appeared. "Of course Mistress" Recor bowed. Recor left and Eleanor handed Hermione the dress. "You get dressed and I'll pass you the paper from under the door"Eleanor told. "Isn't this a bit-" Hermione was saying, questioning the choice of clothing, but Eleanor interrupted. "If you can't find something in the next 60 seconds, you won't have a choice. You haven't even done your hair yet"She said. Knowing she won't, Hermione sighed and went to the bathroom.

She was fixing the straps of the dress when the paper was slid under the door. The front cover was a picture of her and Michael, the headline being "LOST ZABINI FOUND?". Hermione groaned, picking up the paper. And she believed her life couldn't get more complicated. "Hermione, you have 6 minutes to be downstairs"Eleanor said, knocking on the door. "I'll do my hair and I'll be down soon, don't worry"Hermione told. She heard Eleanor leave the room and turned to the mirror. After finishing her hair, She was putting on her jacket as she left her room. She made it to the front door, and only found Pansy there. "Your mother said you're gonna be late" Pansy said. "Weren't we supposed to leave at 5:45?"Hermione questioned,  checking the clock. "We were till your stupid brother found out he mixed up the times. The game is at 6:15. He even convinced Flint he was right"Pansy scoffed. "You stay here, I'm going to see where the rest are" She added as she walked away. Hermione was sure this was just an excuse to not be left alone with her. She sat on one of the short black leather benches by the door, watching the clock.