Rumours - Ch. 33

Over the next 2 weeks, Ron got more and more frustrated that Hermione was avoiding him. "She isn't avoiding you, you just don't want to talk to her when she's with Malfoy"Ginny told, rolling her eyes.

"And she's with him 24/7! Why is he always with her? He sits beside her in classes, he goes to study in the library with her and he sits with her during meals!"Ron snapped.

Harry shook his head, knowing Ginny was the reason. At least he knew they'd taken her words to heart and Hermione would be okay. He didn't like the fact that they were protecting her from Ron, but there was only Ron to blame for it.

"What's so private that you can't discuss it in front of Malfoy?"Ginny questioned. "Why would we discuss anything in front of Malfoy?"Ron scoffed.

"Ron you have to accept that Hermione has other friends now. We don't like him but we still talk with Hermione in front of him. We even tried to drag him along with us to go to Hogsmead when we invited Hermione" Ginny shrugged.

"But why! Why isn't she going anywhere without him?"Ron questioned. "Go ask her, maybe Malfoy will even answer you"Ginny said.

"You know, people have come up with some ideas"Parvati told as she leaned over. Ginny and Harry rolled their eyes, of course there was rumours. "Some say they're dating, no one spends that much time together. And I wouldn't be surprised, 3 months sharing a dorm, something must've happened" Parvati said.

"What do you mean something must've happened?"Ron snapped. "Come on Ron, think. What happens behind locked doors?"Dean scoffed, entering himself into their conversation.

"If you're saying-"

"That Hermione's sleeping with Malfoy? Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying"Dean said. "Hermione would never"Ron said, though not fully convinced.

"You never know mate, no one expected you to cheat on her"Neville shrugged.

Ron instantly turned red, looking away from them. Ginny smirked, nodding at Neville in appreciation. Neville smiled and shrugged, returning to his conversation about quidditch with Seamus.

~

"Come on Granger!" Draco said as he banged on the bathroom door. "Give me a minute!" Hermione answered.

"I've given you 5 minutes!"He snapped, glancing at his watch. "Well if you didn't knock every 30 seconds, I wouldn't be getting distracted!"She snarled. Hermione opened the door a second later and glared at him. "It wouldn't kill you to wait, you know"She said.

"If we're late to class, I'll tell Professor McGonagall you lack time management" Draco told as he entered the bathroom.

"I lack time management?! I don't spread an hour fixing my hair!"Hermione snapped. "You really should"He remarked, eyeing her hair. She scoffed and he smirked as he closed the door instantly. She kicked the door, "How dare you!".

Hermione heard him laugh and she huffed, storming to her room. As she got dressed in her robes, she heard a knock on her door. "Honestly Malfoy! It's barely been 5 minutes!"Hermione groaned. She heard a chuckle and the door opened. She glared at him, crossing her arms over her chest.

"We have half an hour before class, we need to go to the great hall"He told, smirking at her. "Knock that smirk off your face or I'll do it for you"She snarled as she stormed past him.

They left the common room, bickering the whole way down to the great hall. "You're honestly the biggest git I've ever met!"She snapped, walking into the great hall. "Granger I honestly don't know why you're complaining"He rolled his eyes, following in after her. She threw a glare at him over her shoulder and he smirked in return.