Trouble - Ch. 24

Hermione returned to the common room an hour later. She walked in and froze. Draco and his friends were there. She was supposed to be asleep. She cursed under her breath as they noticed her. "Where were you?"Pansy questioned, getting up from her seat. "I had to speak with McGonagall"Hermione said. "In the dead of night?"Blaise said, staring at her suspiciously. "8 is not the 'dead of night'"She scoffed as she headed to her room.

"You said you were going to sleep"Pansy snapped. "Alright, I'm going to sleep now, I just had to talk with McGonagall"Hermione rolled her eyes as she opened the door. "Yeah, definitely"Draco said sarcastically as he got up. He walked past her, his hand wrapping around her wrist as he pulled her into her room, closing the door behind them.

"Don't bother lying, where were you?" Draco questioned.

"I'm not lying, I went to see McGonagall!"She snapped.

"That isn't just what you did, your neck goes red when you're lying"He told.

Her hand shot to her neck, "it does not!"She argued.

"Granger, where were you?" He repeated.

She huffed, looking away from him. Did her neck really go red when she lied? "I don't have to tell you"She said. "Did you forget I have to take care of you? I shouldn't have even let you leave alone this morning! Either tell me, or I'll find out from McGonagall"He snapped.

She glared at him, McGonagall would tell him. She had already been against it. "I went to see Ron" Hermione told.

"What?"He snarled. "What made you think that was a good idea, are you mad?"Draco questioned. "I had to find out what he wanted and I did!"She said. "Granger, did you not see what he did to you? He could've attacked you again!"He snapped.

"And he could've attacked you! He was planning on it!"She told. "I can handle him"Draco scoffed. "If I'm not allowed to go around alone, neither are you!" Hermione demanded. "He could've hurt you a lot worse than he hurt me!"She said.

"What else did you find out from him?"He questioned. He had to know what she thought was worth risking her safety for. "Lavender Brown has also been breaking Hogwarts rules. And Laws. She's been slipping things into his food, love potions. If he's going to get suspended and punished, so should she"She told. "And what does that have anything to do with you? Why get involved?"He snapped.

"She is the reason Ron got to this point. This would've never happened, we would've never gotten this distant if it weren't for her. Ginny is already collecting evidence for me. And tomorrow I'm going to confront her"She told.

"You and your bloody Gryffindor heart, always putting yourselves at risk for others"He muttered under his breath, running a hand through his hair. "You go sleep, you're too unpredictable when awake"He told. "I have to do rounds"She said. "No, I'll do them, you're staying here"He argued. "McGonagall specifically said no doing rounds alone!"She reminded.

"And you were told to not leave alone"Draco told. "I don't have to listen to you"Hermione scoffed. "You're staying here, you're going to sleep and we'll talk tomorrow"He said. He walked out of the room before she could argue.

~

Morning came around and Hermione was sitting in the common room with Ginny. "I got the love potion, and yes, I used gloves. It has her finger prints all over it. She was hiding it in her trunk"Ginny told. "Great, McGonagall and Malfoy should be here any minute. We've called the less emergency aurors as well. So when they get here, we'll enter Gryffindor tower"Hermione said.

"I don't get why you're going so deeply into this? Ron hurt you. This must be because of your hatred for Lavender? Not to avenge Ron?"Ginny questioned.

"Ron and I were friends for years. He doesn't deserve to suffer alone when she's the reason he got that far. I've done research on this potion. Lavender has been giving it to Ron, so it forced him to be in love with her. But it also forced him to hate who she hates. It's a very strong and rarely found potion" Hermione explained. "Ron has done terrible things, I won't deny it, but she played a part in it"She said.

Zabini Heiress ~ DramioneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara