Hogwarts Express - Ch. 56

They found a compartment easily, their regular one always ready for them. As the went in, Hermione waited behind and caught Theo before he entered. "We're gonna go get food from the trolley"Hermione said to Pansy. Pansy smirked and shrugged, going into the compartment and closing the door behind her.

"Granger-"

"Shut up for a second" She demanded. She grabbed his arm and pushed him in an empty compartment. After Draco's little comment about the confundus charm, she had to know everything.

"I'm flattered, Granger, really, but I can't exactly-"

"Theo"She snapped. "I have questions, and according to Pansy, you have answers"She told. Theo raised an eyebrow, now even more confused.

She put a Muffliato charm around the compartment before turning to him. "Pansy noticed that Malfoy liked me in 6th year. But it was before wasn't it?" She questioned.

Theo smirked. He took his seat and gestured for her to do the same. She was clearly unamused, watching as he conjured a cup of tea.

"Shall I start at the beginning?"He asked. "Obviously"She rolled her eyes, sitting down across from him.

"I think it started with how much he hated you, to be honest, and that hate turned into an obsession. And I think this year, you turned his obsession into affection"Theo told.

"Why exactly did he hate me? I mean it was before I became friends with Harry and Ron"Hermione said.

"It was because of your blood, obviously. Granger, we were told our whole lives that people who came from muggles were stupid, useless, unreliable and a whole bunch of other things. Then we met you and you screwed it all up" He explained.

"I screwed it all up?" she repeated.

"We were all confused, you were against everything we were told but Draco was much more... annoyed by it then we were. He beat everyone in all our classes, everyone but you, the supposed stupid, useless, unreliable mud- muggleborn"

"Then he was determined to find out if you were actually a muggleborn, he went into deep research about Dagworth-Granger and found out practically everything about him. And I think that's where his hate turned into an obsession"

"And what year was that?"

Theo smirked, and leaned back in his chair. "Right after Christmas break in first year" He told, glancing down at his tea. "He doesn't know I know, you know. Me and Blaise were really curious on why he went to the library every other day"

Hermione looked out the window, thinking. "And... Pansy said..."Hermione couldn't bring herself to say it, now feeling a bit embarrassed.

"He kept an eye on you after that, and began picking on Weasley and Potter even more just to see you. He's not very subtle about these things"Theo shook his head disapprovingly.

"I think he realized that me and Blaise kinda knew about his obsession with you, so he distanced himself from us. In second year, he was only ever with Crabbe and Goyle. Those two nutters couldn't see his obsession if it were on a sign in red"

"Being with them caused him to be more harsh, he had his act back in place. You know, the whole calling you a mudb- you know"

Hermione gave him a faint smile. He hadn't said the word in a while, none of them had. It comforted her, knowing they were changing.

"Then he was a little bitch for that whole year. In year 3, we were friends again. We noticed he always had an eye on you, in class, in the library, even in the great hall. Merlin he hated you, he'd always be muttering something under his breath, how it wasn't fair. All that jealous bullshit"