Surprise - Ch. 53

She opened the door of the living room, and when she turned to question Theo, he was gone. Hermione rolled her eyes and glided into the room. She looked around and found a note on the table. She went over and picked it up, recognizing the writing.

Portkey leaves at 9:00

Hermione furrowed her brows, confused. A portkey? She put the note aside and saw a rock on the table. She checked the clock, 8:59. Where was she going?

She didn't have time to guess before there was 5 seconds to 8:59. She quickly grabbed the rock and was jerked away, a howl of wind and swirls of colours around her.

She landed on the floor, surrounded by snow. She let out a groan as she sat up, her dress fluttered around her. Before she could observe her surroundings, she heard someone call for her.

"Hermione! Look, she's here!"

Her head snapped up toward the sound and her face broke into a grin as she made out the silhouette of the burrow. Through the little light coming from their home, Hermione could see 2 people running towards her, both with flaming red hair.

"Blimey, it looks like our majesty has arrived"Fred smirked as he and Ginny stopped near her.

She blushed and took out her wand. Transfiguring her dress into some muggle clothes, Ginny and Fred helped her stand up. She hugged each of them, grinning from ear to ear. "Did you know about this?"Hermione questioned, recasting the levitation spell.

"You think Malfoy would just send you here and not say a word?" Ginny rolled her eyes, as she wrapped her arm around Hermione's shoulder.

"You're telling me you two came to an agreement? It's easier to believe that Fred stopped sending wood eating spiders to Filch" Hermione scoffed.

"I will continue his torture till the day I die" Fred said proudly.

"Peeves is still doing that for you, you know"Ginny told, nearing the door to the burrow. "As he should, he was our role model after all"George told as he leaned against the door.

He grinned as Hermione went over to hug him. "I missed you guys"She said, turning to the other 2 Weasleys. They entered the burrow and were greeted by more redheads. Harry and Teddy were sitting in an armchair near the fire, previously talking to Arthur.

"I haven't seen you in awhile"Harry said as he stood from his seat, holding Teddy close to him. Hermione rolled her eyes as she hugged him. Teddy rested his head on Harry's shoulder, staring at Hermione with half closed eyes.

"He's tired, he's been playing with Fred and George all day"Ginny told as Hermione ran her hand through Teddy's hair. She smiled at the toddler before turning back to Harry.

"Where's Andromeda?" Hermione asked.

Harry hugged Teddy closer to him before sitting back down. "She... she wanted to see Tonks and Ted, and Remus"Harry told, looking away from Hermione.

Hermione was glad the others were distracted as she sat on the arm of Harry's chair. "Did you tell her we went this morning?"Hermione asked. Harry shook his head, "I didn't want her to be upset we went without her. They were my friends but they were her family"

Harry glanced at her and Hermione could tell he'd been crying. "Harry, go rest. I have an hour or so before I have to return, I'll take care of Teddy till than"Hermione said.

"No, No, you're injured Hermione"Harry shook his head. "Harry, go sleep"Hermione repeated sternly, standing up. She shifted to be in front of him, gently taking Teddy from his arms. Teddy stared at her with wide eyes before cuddling up to her, his little hand fisting the neckline of her shirt.