Misery - Ch.11

The next day, Hermione woke up to someone knocking on her door. She groaned, trying to ignore it as she turned on her side. "Hermione, there's something you need to see!"She heard, the knocking getting louder. Hermione sighed, getting up from her bed and was walking to the door before realizing she was still her dress from the previous night. Accio-ing a robe to her, she put it on before opening the door. "What?"She questioned, sticking her head out the door. Blaise held up the daily prophet for her, and her eyes widened. She snatched the paper from him, staring at it in shock.

There was a picture of her and Draco, hand in hand, plastered on the front page. "I thought you were going home"Blaise snapped. "We were! This was like a millisecond before we apparated"She told. "Look at the next page, you were holding hands the entire time"He said. She glared at him as she turned the next page, another picture of them as they were walking was there, and Hermione turned to show it to him. "His hand was on my wrist, he was dragging me to the apparating point, not holding my hand" She snarled.

Blaise stared at her suspiciously. "So there's nothing going on?"He asked.

Hermione hit his arm, "of course there's nothing going on!" She snapped. "This was taken out of context!"She told.

He rubbed his arm, looking away sheepishly. "Ow, Yeah, umm, sorry. I guess I might've overreacted, I just thought Draco might've..."He was saying before he stopped, hearing a door open. All Hermione saw was a pillow being flung at Blaise. She poked her head out into the hallway, watching Draco walk away. "Don't tell me you went to him..."Hermione groaned.  "It's not my fault, you would've done the same if you knew him"Blaise scoffed, crossing his arms. "You should've came to me first"She shook her head. "I had to make sure he was in his own room and not with..."Blaise said before stopping, looking away. "You're disgusting"Hermione snapped, her eyes going wide. "Again, you would've done the same if you knew him" He said, his hands up in defence. Hermione glared at him, as he walked away.

Hermione closed the door, looking at the daily prophet. The head title was "New couple?", and under it were a bunch of theories of what happened with Ron and Hermione. She groaned, running a hand through her hair. "Why is there always someone watching?"She questioned herself as she headed to her closet. She threw her robe on a chair that was inside her closet, before looking for clothes to change in to. She found a black shirt and yellow checkered pants. She took the clothes and went to the bathroom to change into them.

She stared in the mirror for quite some time. The daily prophet stood against the mirror. Here she was, having the dream life she always imagined. She had a huge room, a walk-in closet, and large bathroom, even a whole manor, yet she still wasn't happy. She couldn't seem to understand why before she realized.

She had been cheated on.

Hermione hand snapped over her mouth as she let out a sob. Everything hit her at once. He had been seeing Lavender through out their entire relationship. He went to visit her at the hospital, and Hermione remembered all the times he cancelled on her.

Than everything about Lavender came back to her. Lavender was lying to her, she had told her she had no idea, but it was obvious. She sank onto the floor, letting small sobs as she wrapped her arms around herself. "He was lying, the entire time"She mumbled between cries. It was though she were struck by lightning. "You evil- evil bastard"She shook her head slowly, tears pouring down her face.

It took at least half an hour for her to calm down, she even had to have Recor bring her some water (regretting even having to ask for anything). Hermione finally got off the floor and looked in the mirror once more. Her face was red and tired, her eyes puffy. She sighed, breathing in slowly. She washed her face and walked out of the room. She found a glass of water on her nightstand and smiled slightly. She drank down the water and put it back on the nightstand, before sitting on her bed. She closed her eyes, wanting to fall asleep again before she heard a knock on her door. She got up unwillingly and walked over, checking her self in the mirror to make sure she was calm before opening the door.