Ghost - Ch. 32

Monday came and Hermione was able to successfully avoid Ron. He tried to talk to her many times but was always surprised to find Draco at her side. On Sunday, he tried to have a word with her at the library and Draco appeared out of no where, right behind her as he glared at Ron. He wanted to say something but he couldn't open his mouth.

Monday morning, she was dressed in her robes and waiting in the common room with her book bag. After seeing how desperate Ron was to talk to her, she wanted to stay near Draco more.

Ron wouldn't dare speak to her around him, not wanting to beg for her in front of him. He questioned Harry and Ginny about why Draco was always with her but no one answered him.

She heard a door open and glanced up. Draco walked over, dropping his bag on the couch. "I see you're no longer trying to leave"He noted, sitting on the coffee table in front of her.

"Oh just be grateful for it"Hermione rolled her eyes, shifting her eyes onto the book in her lap. "It slightly terrifies me if I'm honest"He said. "So me finally agreeing into something you forced on me is now terrifying?" She questioned.

"You and I both know you're much more stubborn then this"Draco stated, leaning forward and snatching the book from her.

"You don't have to keep taking my books" She snapped, trying to reach for it but he hid it behind him. "What's changed your mind?"He asked.

"Why does it matter?"She said, leaning back in her chair as she raised an eyebrow. He held her gaze, thinking of any reasoning she might have behind it. "Have you been possessed?"He questioned. She scoffed as she got up from her seat.

"Come on, we're going to be late for Potions"She told about to walk past him before he grabbed her hand. She let out a quiet groan, her back to him. Why wouldn't he just drop it?

"You're hiding something Granger" Draco said, standing as well. "Why does it matter..." Hermione repeated in a mumble, staring at the portrait.

He stayed quiet for a bit. "It's because of Weasley, isn't it?"Draco asked. Hermione closed her eyes, before nodding slowly. There was no point hiding it, he'd notice sooner or later. To her surprise, he didn't ask questions. "Let's go then"He said, his hand still around hers as he walked out of the common room.

The way he walked was gentle and a bit slower than normal. He usually just dragged her along as they argued. Draco stopped in front of the great hall doors. "I'm guessing I won't have to drag you in?"He said. She rolled her eyes, walking past him as she pushed up the doors.

He followed after her, over to the Slytherin table. Hermione sat down next to Astoria, who was glaring at her sister in front of her. "You're annoying"Astoria snapped as Daphne grinned. Before Draco or Hermione could question it, they heard footsteps behind them. Pansy, Blaise and Theo joined them at the table.

"We're going to Hogsmead soon, Slughorn cancelled class today because there's an awful smell in the dungeons and he's scared it's toxic"Pansy told, putting food on her plate. "And McGonagall cancelled class too because she has to inspect it" Daphne added. "So we have the day off"Blaise said.

They had double Potions, double Transfiguration and a free period at the end of the day.

"Are we going to Hogsmead now?"Astoria questioned when she saw them eating quickly. "Obviously! We have to get there before everyone else! You two go change out of your robes"Pansy said, adding the last part to Draco and Hermione.

"I don't feel like going to Hogsmead-"

"You're going Granger"Draco interrupted instantly.

She glared at him, "I'll stay in my room-"