Together - Ch.6

The day passed painfully slow. Blaise was in Eleanor's office as they talked privately, leaving Hermione alone. She spent most of the time in her room, lying on the bed. She stared at the ring on her finger, it fit too perfectly. Glancing at the time, she sat up. It was nearly 4:30, she had spent over 6 hours doing nothing. She ran a hand through her hair as she sighed. Is this what they did all day? Just sit in their rooms alone and only talk for 10 minutes after meals? She heard a pop in the corner of her room and looked up. It was Recor.

"Mistress Eleanor is coming soon to help Mistress Hermione get ready"Recor squeaked. Barely a second later, there was a knock on the door. "Come in"Hermione said. Eleanor walked in, 2 other ladies with her. "Dear, these two will help you get ready. Quinn will do your hair, Jerly will help you get dressed"Eleanor told, smiling, giving Hermione the dress in her hand.

"Recor, go fetch the rest of her accessories from my room"Eleanor ordered. A bit annoyed with how she spoke to Recor, Hermione went to the bathroom and put on the dress. She stared in the mirror, it looked alright, like something she would wear at a ball.  "Come dear, we don't have much time, we have to be there before 6" Eleanor said.

She sat in a chair at her vanity, Quinn behind her as she waited for the curler to heat, and Jerly with Eleanor as they picked out jewelry. "Your mother would like me to do this style, do you like it?"Quinn asked as she handed Hermione a picture. It was a half-up, half-down hairdo.

"They're picking out a nice hair clip to match your dress, so it's not as plain as this picture"Quinn added. Hermione nodded but she didn't say anything. Quinn began on her hair as Hermione flipped through a magazine. 10 to 20 minutes later, Jerly walked over to them, a medium sized bag in her hand. "I have to go help Miss Eleanor, The jewelry is in here. We'll be back before 5:30"Jerly said.

The two left, and Quinn put down the hair curler before looking in the bag. She pulled out a smaller bag and looked into it. "These look cute, do you like them?"Quinn asked, showing Hermione the pins inside. There was two, made of gold and had small emeralds on them. "They look nice"Hermione smiled. Quinn grinned and picked up the curler again, knowing she was at rush now due to the time. 10 minutes later, Hermione felt Quinn slowly putting the pins in her hair cautiously, not wanting to ruin her work.

Hermione was later left alone, Quinn leaving to help Eleanor after she was finished everything

Hermione was later left alone, Quinn leaving to help Eleanor after she was finished everything. Hermione was going through the bag and found only one thing left inside, a black velvet box. Hermione pulled it out and opened it. Slightly surprised, she picked up the necklace and stared at it. It had small details, not too crowded, cute, and matched the pins, it seemed perfect.

 It had small details, not too crowded, cute, and matched the pins, it seemed perfect