Apologizes - Ch. 45

5 minutes later, they all rushed in, breaking their sweet silence. The other Slytherins that had stayed at the manor were at the back, peaking at Hermione from behind the heads of others. Eleanor sat beside Hermione on the bed, her hand on Hermione's face as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"I should've known- I'm sorry, I'm so sorry"Eleanor mumbled, eyeing the gash on Hermione's cheek painfully.

Hermione wanted to assure her it wasn't her fault, but her voice was yet to come. She was about to raise her left arm to hold her Mother's hand, but the cursed mark wouldn't let her. Her right hand was still tightly holding Draco's, and she refused to let go, even if it was in front of everyone.

Blaise was not too far from his mother. He was standing at the end of her bed, his eyes lingering on every mark in his sister's face. His only regret was that he wasn't the one able to take Michael Zabini's life.

Ginny and Harry stood around Hermione's head but at a distance. If there was one thing they knew about Hermione, it was that she hated people crowding over her, even when she was injured. They just had to wait till there was no one beside her to sit with her.

"Hermione, I wish I could stay longer but I must return to the ministry to clear some things up"Kingsley told her, glancing at Draco. He had to clear him of all charges before anyone found out. Now being able to move her neck and head, Hermione turned to him and smiled, giving him a short nod.

Him and his bodyguards left the room, along with some Auror members. It was now just her family, the Weasleys, and the other Slytherins, along with Narcissa. The Weasleys were all on the side, waiting for her mother and brother to leave before they would speak. It was only polite to give the family time.

"Hermione... Would you like me to remove the sleeve?"Eleanor asked, reaching for it. Hermione's arm swung away, causing a flash of pain to run through her, visibly showing on her face. She turned her head, looking away from her family, only to catch Harry and Ginny's eyes.

"They didn't..."Ginny mumbled, her eyes wide in fear. Hermione closed her eyes, there wasn't anywhere she could look without catching someone's eye.

"I know this might be too much to ask... but is it alright if me and Ginny helped her with this?" Harry asked. Hermione looked over at him, and Harry gave her a light smile. Eleanor got up slowly but had everyone leave the room anyone. "Come on Draco"Eleanor muttered.

Hermione's grip on Draco's hand tightened, and she pulled her arm closer to her. Eleanor nodded slowly and left the room with the rest, leaving Draco, Ginny and Harry with her. The door locked and Ginny quickly rushed to Hermione's side. "I'm taking this off alright"Ginny said, her hands on the edges of the sleeve and Hermione gave her a nod.

The air in the room became tight and quiet. The mark on her arm was bigger than the first one and it seemed like it was deeper. Harry stared at it, the memories replaying in his head. It wasn't just him though, Draco paled as he remembered the first time it happened, when his aunt had done it.

"This was after he found out you'd left hints, wasn't it..."Ginny mumbled, her eyes filled with tears. Hermione nodded slowly. "We should've realized sooner, I'm so sorry"Ginny said, a single tear escaping and sliding down her face.

"It's cursed isn't it? That's why it hasn't healed" Harry muttered and Hermione nodded again. "It's poison"Draco told and Harry and Ginny turned to him. "Dragon poison. They had vials of them in daggers during the war. Their injuries aren't meant to heal, they're meant to slowly kill the person"He said, glaring at the mark.

"And how long does it take to kill someone?"Ginny snapped as she jumped from her seat on the bed.

"Months, maybe even years. We need Phoenix tears to heal them, and a lot of it"He told, glancing up at the gash on her face. "We'll get it then"Harry said, rushing for the door. He stuck his head out into the hallway and they heard him say a few things.