Bet & regret 🔞

"The awkward game?" You frown at Jimin's game suggestion as you roll over on your bed cover to be on your stomach, allowing yourself to look at Jimin who's sitting on the white beanbag chair by your dresser. You prop your head up by resting your chin on your hands, and your elbows on the bed. You give Jimin a questioning look, indicating that you've never heard of his suggestion. "Is this another one of those drinking games? Jimin, I'm a poor college student. I don't have extra money for hard liquor."

Jimin starts laughing as if what you said is so amusing. He grabs his stomach, closing his eyes and tilting his chin up. "No it's not... well the version I was thinking of doesn't involve drinking." His laughter dies down as he starts speaking.

Your eyes motion him to continue, but just in case he doesn't get the message. "Go on, JimJam. I'm listening."

"Well basically two people have to go closer to each other with a straight face, doing whatever possible to make the other person lose composure. The person who breaks first loses. Usually you play with a lot of people but..."

"But?" You raise an eyebrow.

"But," he continues, "there's only the two of us, meaning we need to add something to the game to make it interesting," he starts, tapping his fingers together in a sinister manner.

"And you're not gonna use alcohol to make it more interesting?" You blink at him.

"No... we can do something else. We can make a bet." A grin curves up on the side of his face.

"A bet?" you repeat his words. "What kind of bet?"

"Hmmm let's see." Jimin puts a finger on his chin and looks around the ceiling as if he's thinking but he already has something in his mind. He's just pretending to think. "If you lose the first round, you have to let me take a photo of you naked in whatever pose I choose."

You sit up on the edge of the bed, placing your palms on either side of your thighs. "And if you lose the first round?" You puff your cheeks, waiting for his response.

He hesitates a little bit. He actually has to think this time. "Then... I'll walk around the dorm hall naked."

You blow a raspberry. "That's not so embarrassing for you. I know you'd love to walk naked in a hallway with only girls' dorms. How about... you walk naked in the hall after I draw on you with Sharpies." You laugh, thinking about all the humiliating things you could possibly ink on his body.

Jimin wiggles his eyebrows with that grin still on his face. "If that's what you want~" he sings. He has complete confidence that he'll win, but then again, so do you.

"Oh wait!" you call out as Jimin stands up from the chair.

He shimmies to where you're sitting on the bed. "Yes, my dear?" he says in a playful voice.

"Best out of three?" you ask, pursing your lips.

He laughs again. "Are we losing confidence in ourselves?"

"No..."

Jimin put his hands on his hips. "Good," he says with a triumphant smile. "Then we shall have one round and one round only, and you cannot change that after the round is over."

You exhale, standing up, brushing the nonexistent dust of your knees. "Fine, whatever you say, Jimin."

"Yes! Whatever I say!" You roll your eyes at his comment. "Okay." He sounds marginally more serious. "I'm gonna count down from three, and after I say one, we're starting and you can't laugh or even smile after that because if you do, you lose."

You nod. "Got it."

"Okay." He closes his eyes. "Three, two, one!" He opens his eyes and they're cold. They're serious. His gaze seems to pierce yours in a way they've never done before. You didn't know Jimin was capable of looking at you like this. He makes you feel so vulnerable, so naked, just by looking at you. You feel your body shiver, going right down your spine. You try to keep a straight face and so far you can, despite how much you just want to melt right there. He takes a step closer but you freeze. You find yourself unable to move, still petrified by his scrutiny. "What's wrong?" he whispers, his soft voice brushing against your eardrums, making you shiver even more. You open you mouth to respond to his question but no words come out. It's like his very presence constricts your throat, your vocal cords. "Cat got your tongue?" He seals the distance between you two, pressing his body on yours. He caresses your cheek with the back of his fingers, his nails tickling your soft skin.