Kiss the Air

Third POV:

Jack and Elsa were so in love with each other. They always had the best time together. They were lovers. They did almost everything together. The two had been in love since they were 17. They were now 22 years old.

They went dancing.

They went stargazing.

They took nightly strolls out in the park.

They did karaoke together.

They were there for one another during a nightmare.

They Christmas shopped together.

They took care of each other...

That is... up until they grew too busy to be around each other.

With the adoration and love they had for one another, they still had their arguments because they were never around together.

They stopped dancing.

Stopped stargazing.

Stopped the nightly strolls in the park.

Stopped helping with each other's nightmares.

Stopped Christmas shopping.

Stopped taking care of each other...

It didn't take a genius to see that their spark was there but barely lit because they couldn't see each other often.

And trying to make time would always be difficult.

This leads us to where they are today...

"Jack... we need to break up..." Elsa said once she got home from a tiresome day at work.

He had worked the day shift and Elsa had worked the night shift.

"What? Why?" Jack asked.

He had been awake still because he wanted to make sure she got home safely before crashing.

"Because... we never see each other anymore. And even on our day offs... we never try to be together..." she said.

"We just have to communicate better then," he said as he got up to stand in front of her.

"I don't think it's the communication Jack... I think maybe we... have fallen apart in some way..." she trailed off.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"We are never together. You are always off with your new friends and leaving me in the dust. We never make time for each other. And even when we do... we never do anything together... I think it's time to end it..." she whispered the last part.

He held her cheek in his hand, "I don't think it's time to end it though! We can try and make this work!" He exclaimed.

"How Jack?"

"This weekend we both have Saturday off. How about you come and hangout with me and my new friends?" He asked.

"I guess that could work," she said.

"Awesome, let's do it then!" He exclaimed.

Elsa nodded, not 100% convinced that this was going to help.

~Time skip to Saturday~

Elsa was there with Jack and his friends at Shelly Gees. It was a sushi restaurant. She was not a fan of sushi so she felt even more out of place. She already felt out of place because of how they were. Loud and obnoxious.