Could I?

Inspired by a Kay Jewlers commercial.

Third POV:

There was a little boy, named Christian, watching a movie with his mother. He was about five. He lived with only his mother. He had met his father and he didn't want anything to do with that man.

One reason was because his father hurt his mother.

Two he always had a weird smell when he came home from "work."

Three he didn't care about Christian's achievements in school.

And the list could go on.

Christian's head was laying on his mother's lap and she was playing with his hair.

"Mommy?" He asked.

"Yes my baby?"

"What are we gonna do today?" He asked. He's on fall break and his mother decided to take at least four days off from working to spend time with her son.

"What do you wanna do?" She asked rather knowing what he wanted to do.

"Can we go to the park?" He asked excitedly and had gotten up from her lap to look at her.

"I don't see why not," she smiled at him and kissed his head.

"Yay!" He exclaimed and hugged her. She hugged back of course.

"Come on Mommy! Let's go now!" He exclaimed again. She chuckled at him but got up anyway.

"Alright, let's go," she said and grabbed her purse before exiting the door with her son.

~At the park~

Little Christian was just running around and playing with other kids at the park without a care in the world. His mother sat on a nearby bench watching him.

"Um... hi..." said a man who sat beside her.

"Hello?" She raised an eyebrow at him wondering why he's sitting beside her.

"I couldn't help but notice you sitting here alone. Um... are you okay?" He asked nervously. He was gobsmacked by her beauty and the words he wanted to say didn't really come out. He wanted to punch himself because of how weird he sounded and came upon her.

"I'm alright thank you for asking," she said with a small smile. "Are you okay?" She asked serious because of his nervousness.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine. Your beauty is just blowing me away that it's hard for me to come up with words to talk to you," he blurted out.

She blushed. Not once has she gotten a compliment since becoming a mother. She became a mother at a young age, at seventeen that is. Her parents disowned her even though a damned drug was put in her drink and her boyfriend at the time took advantage of her. (But her parents reached out to her when Christian was three). And the reason for not being called beautiful was because she has a kid. And most people in society look down on teen mothers, when she was one at the time.

It wasn't until the man saw her face blushing that he realized what he said.

"I am so sorry. That came out of nowhere. I-I... you know what? I'll just leave you alone. I've probably already ruined your day," he said and was about to get up to leave but she stopped him when she said,

"Actually, what you said really made my day, thank you," she smiled at him. He smiled when he heard her say that.

"You're welcome," he said.

"So what are you doing here?" She asked. She would look at her son every now and then just to make sure he's okay and not hurt.

"I usually come here to take pictures of the skies, animals, and ponds. I own a photography business. I need new pictures every few months to put on display," he said.