💖(TREASURE) Junghwan- lost his voice

Request by: OliviaReason

Junghwan woke up with a terribly sore throat. He felt his throat feeling a bit of swelling around his vocal chords and groaned in pain as he swallowed. He got out of bed and coughed harshly, his throat dry and scratchy.

He trudged out of his room into the living room where all the boys were relaxing, he hadn't even realized he was the last to wake up until they all greeted him.

"good morning junghwan-ah, do you want some breakfast?" yedam greeted him cheerfully.

"no thanks hyung."

They all gasped at his horrible scratchy voice; it was barely audible kind of sounding like air being let out of an air mattress.

Junghwan was shocked at how terrible he sounded.

"woah junghwan are you okay?" doyoung asked worriedly.

He nodded feeling the dryness of his throat become more irritating.

Suddenly the oldest was right next to him pressing his hand to his forehead.

"hm, you aren't feverish, do you have any other symptoms?"

"n...no hyung.." he forced words as best as he could, but it hurt him every time he spoke.

"junghwannie you sound terrible, does your throat hurt?" hyunsuk asked softly placing his fingers on the maknae's neck feeling the swollen glands under his jaw.

Junghwan winced at the touch and let out a painful dry cough.

"aish, okay throw on some shoes I'm taking you to the doctor."

"h.. hyung that's not ne.. necessary..." he struggled to get the words out without wincing.

Jihoon stood up handing the maknae his shoes.

"come on hwannie, you are clearly in pain, let's go get it checked out okay?"

Junghwan wanted to keep protesting but it hurt too much to speak. He just sighed and took the shoes from jihoon.

"we'll be back soon, just don't burn the house down, mashiho's in charge until we get back." hyunsuk said as they led junghwan to the door.

"what!? But I'm older than him!" junkyu whined.

"yeah, but mashiho is responsible." Jihoon said before they left the dorms.

Once they got to the urgent care center junghwan was placed in a chair and the doctor came in shortly after.

"hello, what brings you in today junghwan?"

Junghwan began to speak but barely any sound came out.

"ah, I see. Well let's take a look then." The man grabbed a light off the wall and told junghwan to open his mouth as wide as he could.

He instantly saw some swelling and some redness in his throat.

"well there's definitely swelling and irritation going on there. How long has your throat hurt?"

Junghwan choked out a very raspy "today"

"ah I see, you woke up with it I'm assuming?"

He nodded.

"ah okay, can I ask if you've done anything lately to strain your voice? Were you screaming or talking for a long time?"

"sir we are all singers, we are constantly working out voices in the studio." Hyunsuk informed.