🖤💖(SHINEE) Key - Apart

Request by: Harry__1276

Ever since Taemin had gone to the military, shinee had spent even more time apart than before. Minho was constantly doing modeling gigs and working on solo stuff, onew was focused on writing new music and appearing on variety shows and key was constantly busy promoting his solo career as well.

Even though key seems to be the sassy, cold one of the four, he would be lying if he said he didn't miss living together with the members, seeing them everyday and making music together.

The day Taemin left for his service, key was a wreck. He didn't show it in front of Taemin but once his train drove off, he collapsed in minho's arms a sobbing mess. All he wanted was for all of them to stay together and the universe kept splitting them apart.

Since his hyungs had gotten so busy they rarely saw each other, deciding that they wouldn't release any shinee content without Taemin.

Most days key just sat at home with his dogs the silence of his house feeling suffocating.

Key was having a bit of a bad day, he was feeling depressed and lonely, he craved the presence of his members, he wanted to hear taemin's laugh, he wanted to see onew's smile, watch minho roll his eyes at their shenanigans like he used to.

He sat on his bed not having the energy to leave the room, he had his dog in his lap petting it softly.

As he was sitting there wallowing in loneliness, his phone rang.

He answered it seeing that it was taemin.

"hello?"

"hi key!! I finally got a chance to call you, I'm so sorry it took so long hyung!" taemin had an innocent excited voice, much like the way he sounded back when they were trainees.

Key smiled at taemin's voice a warmth spreading across his chest.

"that's okay taemin-ah, how are you doing?"

"I'm okay hyung, I'm a bit tired today but otherwise fine."

"that's good, make sure to rest okay taemin-ah?"

"don't worry hyung, I'm taking care of myself well, although it's weird not having you nagging me all the time." Taemin chuckled.

Key let out a weak chuckle feeling his throat tighten up slightly, he didn't want to cry with taemin, he never wanted to show taemin his weak side, but his eyes welled up despite his brain telling them not to.

"what are you doing today hyung?" taemin asked sweetly.

Key bit back his tears to answer his dongsaeng.

"not much...I've been at home lately..." his voice was very clearly choked up.

Taemin stopped for a second listening to the tremble in key's voice.

"hey hyung, only 245 more days till I come home! Isn't that exciting!?" taemin said excitedly.

Key tried really hard, but his heart was aching so much, his eyes burned with his unshed tears his lip quivering.

He, without meaning to, let out a muffled sob as his tears began flowing down his cheeks.

Taemin was startled to hear key start to cry, he was quick to try and figure out what was wrong before he would have to hang up.

"hey, hey hyung? What's the matter? Why are you crying?" he asked softly wanting nothing more than to hug his hyung.

Key tried to calm himself feeling embarrassed for crying.