🩹💖(SEVENTEEN) Vernon- Lost Voice

Request By: MalinaEverfree

It was a normal day for seventeen. They all woke up when their alarms blared, took a shower, got dressed and sat down for breakfast.

They had a busy day ahead of them, dance practice and then a full afternoon of recording for their new album.

They were just a few weeks away from release and needed to make sure everything was perfect.

They finished breakfast and were all heading down to dance practice.

Vernon was walking next to seungkwan an odd expression on his face.

He felt a tap on his shoulder and looked up at seungkwan.

"hey vernon? Are you alright?"

Vernon smiled and nodded brushing off seungkwan's concern.

"I'm okay kwannie, just I have a dry throat this morning." He said as he rubbed his throat gently.

"'oh, well did you drink water this morning?"

"yeah, I think it's the weather, it'll go away don't worry." He said before clearing his throat and entering the practice room.

Seungkwan looked at him with a raised eyebrow not fully believing him but sighed and followed him regardless.

"okay guys, same run-through as yesterday, four tracks, twice through." S.coups informed as he started stretching, the other members following.

Vernon felt the persistent scratchiness annoying his throat, he kept clearing his throat and drinking water trying to sooth the dry ache but it kept returning.

"hey Vernon? Everything okay?" jeonghan asked as he took a swig of his water.

Vernon nodded.

"yeah hyung." He smiled before putting his water down and going back to his spot on the floor for their next choreo.

After about an hour and a half they were done with practice and needed to get to the recording studio. They grabbed their stuff and left the practice room.

"Vernon?" it was Joshua who walked up next to Vernon.

"hmm?"

"you don't sound too good, are you sick?" he asked before placing his hand on Vernon's forehead to feel for a temperature.

"no hyung, I'm not sick I promise. Just a bit tired today."

Joshua sighed as vernon's temperature was normal.

"okay, if something's wrong come tell us through okay?"
Vernon smiled and patted joshua's shoulder.

"oi Joshua, I'm okay, don't be so worried." He said in English.

Joshua smiled back and nodded before Vernon wrapped his arm around joshua's shoulders and walked with him to the studio.

They had several hours of recording to do, each member needing to record individual parts and ad libs for several of the tracks.

Each member went into the booth and recorded their parts at once to speed up the process.

When it was vernon's turn, he was dreading having to sing that much, his throat was so dry and scratchy he couldn't imagine getting out smooth notes or a consistent sound to rap with.

He smiled at his encouraging members through the glass and put the headphones on.

He began recording his parts noticing that he didn't sound the same way he usually does. Their was a rasp to his voice but it wasn't attractive or pleasurable to listen to. He winced at the sound before he cleared his throat and tried again.