🖤💖(STRAY KIDS) Seungmin- Insecure

Request by: seulgi

TRIGGER WARNING: Cyberbullying, panic, emotional breakdown

They say when you're famous to never ever look up your own name on the internet as you are just bound to upset yourself by reading hate about yourself.

Hate was inevitable and seungmin knew that but his curiosity of what stays were saying about him won over the rational part of his brain.

He went on twitter and typed in his name in the tags search bar. The page popped up showing hundreds of thousands of results.

He smiled seeing photos of himself with positive captions above them, people with him as their profile pictures praising him for his hard work.

His joy was short lived however as he kept scrolling.

He stumbled upon a thread.

"okay so like maniac was really good but like real talk, why is seungmin even there? I feel like the song could have benefited without him tbh. He never really added anything to the group and I think honestly, he's just a waste of space."

Seungmin was taken aback by the words. He had never seen anything so gut twisting in his life.

He clicked the comments on the post curious to see if anyone disagreed.

To his disappointment, all the comments seemed to agree.

"yeah, like high key seungmin has never been noticeable to me."

"I think he should have been eliminated before they debuted."

"like, he has a nice voice but it doesn't fit with stray kids."

"I feel like his voice ruins their songs."

"he's just forgettable honestly."

"I'll bet if they got rid of seungmin nobody would notice."

"maybe they'd be more popular too."

"I never really liked seungmin tbh... he's kinda annoying."

They seemed endless. His heart hurt as he read the malicious words but he couldn't stop. He kept scrolling, his thumb shaky as it hovered over the screen.

The only thing that snapped him out of it was when he saw a droplet of water hit the screen blurring one of the words in the sentence he was reading.

He reached up and felt wetness on his cheeks, his nose running onto his upper lip.

He blinked tossing his phone to the side and wiping his face with his sweater paws slumping against his headboard as he stared up at the ceiling.

His room was quiet, it was late at night so he couldn't distract himself by chatting with Felix or bothering hyunjin. He was stuck alone with his thoughts, his intrusive negative thoughts.

"they're right seungmin. Stray kids would be so much better without you." The voice in his head told him.

He shook his head arguing with himself but the voices in his head got louder.

"none of stay even like you."

"your voice is terrible."

"you ruin stray kid's image."

"you should have been eliminated."

"You're forgettable."

He gripped his hair in his hands as he crashed his forehead against his knees, burying his face in his jeans as tears welled up yet again, this time he let them flow feeling worthless and upset.