Chapter 14: Hell

I woke up, feeling the sunlight hit my face. Groaning, I tried to move but something quite heavy was on me, making it impossible to leave the bed. Slowly, I opened my eyes and saw Benoit on top of me. He was snoring slightly and his hair was a total mess. Once again, I tried to move but he tightened his grip around me. I pushed him on the other side of the bed before rushing toward the bathroom just in time as I emptied my stomach in the toilets.

Once I was done, I brushed my teeth before splashing water on my face. My head was killing me and it wasn't funny at all. To top it all, I couldn't remember everything that happened yesterday... I left the bathroom and saw that Benoit was now half-awake; the sheets were all around him and were barely covering his nakedness. At that moment, I remarked that I was also naked; I quickly took my underwear which was on the floor and put it back.

Benoit did the same, a slight blush on his face, and left the room without a word. I sat at the end of the bed and took my head into my hands. Gosh, how many drinks did I take?! I jumped a little when I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I raised my eyes and saw Benoit who gave me an apologetic smile before handing me a glass of water and some pills. I gladly took the pills before drinking the whole glass. "What happened?" I finally asked after a few minutes of uncomfortable silence.

"Y-You don't remember?" He asked in a small voice. He had a strange glint in his eyes but I couldn't figure what it was.

"No... I mean, I remember that we were at this bar-restaurant and I took some drinks while waiting for your performance... I remember seeing your performance and drinking more alcohol but then... Nothing..." I admitted, hoping I haven't done anything bad.

"Oh, I see..." He answered in a small voice while looking everywhere but me and I could hear the disappointment in his voice.

"I'm not stupid though... I know we slept together... Again. I saw that we were both naked and the state of the bed so yeah..." I trailed off while holding my head as it was still hurting. "I may not have memories about that moment yet but I know I won't regret it. I wanted to do it before getting drunk." I added quickly, not wanting to hurt him like the last time.

"In a way, it's better that you don't remember anything... It was pretty awkward..." He mumbled under his breath and I almost didn't hear him.

"Why?" I asked with a small frown on my face. What did I do? He bit his lips and turned bright red but didn't answer my question. "Why?" I asked again, feeling more and more curious but also scared. I hope I didn't do anything bad!

"Nothing...Seriously... I-Y... You wanted me to top you..." He said, whispering the last part as he blushed harder. He looked really uncomfortable and he was staring at his feet as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

My eyes widened when I heard these words. God, I couldn't believe I asked him that! "Oh..." I said, not knowing what I could say in that embarrassing moment.

"Yeah... Are you hungry?" He asked, trying to change the conversation and I couldn't thank him enough for that.

"I'm starving." I said softly with my eyes half closed. I got up and followed him in the kitchen where he prepared us some eggs and bacon. While he was cooking, I opened the fridge and took the bottle of orange juice and poured it into two cups. Once I was done, I put the cups on the table and sat on a chair, waiting for him to finish the food.

"Here you go!" He said while handing me a plate of eggs and bacon. I took it and thanked him before taking a mouthful of the delicious breakfast. I almost moaned at the taste, god I wouldn't mind eating his food for the rest of my life!

We were eating in a comfortable silence when I suddenly thought about something which made my heart beat faster and faster as fear spread through my body. "Shit! I haven't been in my apartment for a while!" I cursed as I remembered that I was supposed to pay the bills days ago.

"I could drive us to your apartment, if you want." He said, giving me a small smile before drinking his orange juice.

"That would be nice, thank you." I replied with a stressed smile.

We finished eating and I cleaned everything while Benoit was getting ready. Not too long after, he came back in the kitchen just in time when I was done with the dishes. He was wearing a black top with a black jacket. His hair was nicely brushed to the side and you could see his brown roots showing up but he was still as gorgeous as ever.

"Ready?" He asked with a smile while he was playing with the keys in his hands. I nodded and we left the apartment. I followed him toward his car which was a beautiful red one; it was the first time I was seeing it as we usually took a cab or simply walked. I gave him my address and the road began. I was still stressed, and I think I will be forever stressed, but I tried to stay calm by taking deep breath. The music also helped to relax a little.

"Who's singing?" I asked, curious to know who was singing this song as I liked her voice.

"Adore Delano! She's amazing, isn't she?" He asked with a smile. I nodded and smiled back while listening to the lyrics.

This is how it ends, never meant to hurt you
I'm a pretty mess and I don't deserve you
I ran out of time and second chances
Sorry couldn't build your white picket fences

And I only got myself to blame

'Cause every time I see you, it's like all I am is see-through
We were everything I know it, don't wanna miss it, record it
I adore you
(I adore)
I adore you
(I adore)

The falling out was easy, but I hate that you don't need me
And it gets so hard to speak, every time you get to me
'Cause I adore you
(I adore)
I adore you
(I adore)

Everybody says that you're doin' fine now
Cruisin' for a thrill like I wouldn't find out
When you turn it back, do you ever wonder
If we could have tomorrow, in technicolor

And I got so much left to say

'Cause every time I see you, it's like all I am is see-through
We were everything I know it, don't wanna miss it, record it
I adore you
(I adore)
I adore you
(I adore)
(...)

This song was amazing. I definitively needed to check her album out, one day when I would have some time. Luckily for us, nothing happened and soon enough we were in front of the building. We got out of the car and walked up the stairs toward my apartment. I wasn't really happy about Benoit following me as I didn't want him to see my shitty apartment and how different our lives were. But he refused to stay in the car so I didn't really have a choice. We walked toward the door and I remarked something unusual. Next to the door, there was a plastic bag which looked full. Frowning, I took it and looked what was inside. There were mostly pictures of Russell, Jamel and myself; we looked really happy. There were also some clothes but nothing much. With the other hand, I took the keys out of my pocket and tried to unlock the door but it was impossible.

Shit! I think I just lost my apartment...

♂+♂=♥

What did you think about this chapter? Did you like it?