Chapter 36: End

I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling an intense pain in my stomach. Taking a deep breath, I turned around and took my phone which was next to the bed. I turned it on and looked at the time and groaned in pain when I saw that it was 4a.m. Another pain kicked in my stomach, stronger than the other one. Slowly, I turned around toward Benoit who was still sleeping peacefully next to me, ignoring what was currently happening.

"Benoit..." I hissed, shaking him softly.

After a minute or so, he finally started to open his eyes and I could see the incomprehension in it. "What's going on? Please, tell me it's not morning yet..." He moaned, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"I-I think it's the baby..." I answered, holding my stomach and hoping the pain would stop. When he heard these words, Benoit became wide-eyed and quickly got out of the bed. "Calm down or we're never going to make it to the hospital, babe..." I told him in a low voice. "Please, wake Jamel up and dress him up while I get ready..." I added once he was calm enough.

He quickly threw some clothes on himself before running out of the room. While he was getting Jamel ready, I dressed myself and put on some shoes as quickly as I could which wasn't that easy with the growing pain in my stomach.

"Are you ready?" Benoit asked, holding Jamel in his arms. "I already called a cab which should be there in about 5 minutes." He added, trying to act calmly but you could see the stress in his eyes.

"Y-Yeah..." I told him while getting up slowly. Once I was up, I made my way out of the room and followed Benoit. When we were outside of the apartment, Benoit locked the door, holding Jamel with his other arm and we made our way down the stairs.

Outside, the cab was already waiting for us which was perfect as we didn't have to wait for it to arrive. Jamel was really quiet during the travel and spent most of the time sleeping. When we arrived in front of the hospital, Benoit paid the driver and took Jamel back in his arms. He opened his eyes a few seconds before falling asleep once again.

We entered into the hospital and made our wait toward the secretariat where a young woman with black hair in a bun was sitting behind a computer. "Hello, he's going to give birth. We already came here a few weeks ago and we have been told that everything would be ready for when he was going to be into labor..." Benoit told the secretary in a rush voice and you could see the panic rising in his eyes.

"I'm going to call the doctor. He should be there in a few minutes, sir." She told us with a smile while dialing a number.

I closed my eyes as I felt another pain in my stomach. I forgot how bad it hurt. But I knew the pain was worth it and I couldn't wait to hold him in my arms for the first time. Luckily, the doctor quickly came and we went into a room where I had to lie into a bed. Benoit was sitting on a chair, next to the bed and was holding my hand with his free one. The doctor was doing an anesthesia on my stomach only so I couldn't feel when he would open it and take the baby out.

Once he made sure I couldn't feel anything anymore, he started the operation. Benoit was looking at my face the whole time, trying to make sure I was fine and that I couldn't feel anything.

After a while, we heard a small cry followed by the doctor's voice. "Here he is! Congratulations!" He said, giving the baby to a nurse so she could clean him up. His words made me smile and I couldn't wait to be able to hold him against me.

The cry woke Jamel up and he looked around with tired eyes, trying to understand where he was. Benoit whispered something into his ear that I couldn't hear but this made Jamel smile and he sat on one of Benoit's legs and smiled at me which made me smile back.

"He's beautiful..." Benoit whispered with tears in his eyes as the nurse walked back toward us, a yellow blanket wrapped around the baby.

"Who wants to hold him first?" She asked with a smile while looking at us.

"Give it to him. I'll take him when the doctor is done fixing me up." I said in a tired voice, feeling completely exhausted but really happy at the same time.

She nodded and carefully put him in Benoit's arms. Jamel was looking at the baby with big, round eyes. Tears leaked down Benoit's cheeks as he looked at the baby, a smile on his face. "He's so beautiful..." He whispered again.

Jamel smiled and waved his hand in front of the baby, telling him hello. He then took the baby's hand into his own, careful not to hurt him. His smile became even bigger when the baby squeezed one of his fingers. "What's his name?" He asked, staring at his little brother.

"His name is Dean." I told him with a tired smile just as the doctor cleaned everything and removed his stuffs.

Jamel got off Benoit's knees and stopped in front of my bed. Benoit then got up and carefully put Dean into my arms. I smiled and slowly stroked his cheek. He was so small and beautiful.

With tears in my eyes, I slowly looked at my first son, Jamel, and felt really lucky that I was able to get him back for good a few months ago and that he was having a good and healthy life with us. Then, I looked at Benoit who looked exhausted and still had tears running down his cheeks and I smiled. I never thought I would find love again after everything that happened to me. But Benoit helped me through so many things and have always been here for me and I would never be able to thank him enough for that. I would never forget Russell and he would always have a part of my heart, no matter what, but I really fell in love with Benoit and I was glad he was feeling the same way. Finally, I looked at the last addition to the family, the little Dean, and I knew that, even if life wasn't always easy and fair, things would get better now and I couldn't wait to watch my children grow and raise them with my love, Benoit...

   ♂+♂=♥

Sorry again for not updating sooner! Thank you so much for your comments/votes and I hope you enjoyed this sequel! I really wanted to give Michael a happy ending, he have been through so much already! 

Don't hesitate to tell me what you think about this ending! ♥

Also, now, when I have some free time, I'll update 'Broken Hearts' again and I'll also finish 'Obsession, Wanting You'. After that, I'll also post a new story that I've been planning for a while. This story will be kind of different from what I usually write but I'm really excited about it! I will probably post the first chapter once I'm done with 'Broken Hearts' or 'Obsession, Wanting You' or when I will have more time to write.

Thanks for reading ♥