Chapter 6: Surprise

A big thank you to everybody who read/commented on the last chapter! Already 3,000 reads, that's totally unbelievable! Thank you! I hope you're all going to like this chapter as well. :)

♂+♂=♥

Farrah looked at me with wide eyes. Her usual confident and bubbly eyes were now small, full of fear and apprehension. Maybe yelling something as big as this wasn't my best idea, at least that's what I remarked when I looked around us and saw that people were looking at us strangely and were whispering things so loudly that everybody could hear what they were saying. I turned my gaze back on Farrah and I definitively knew yelling this in a supermarket wasn't a great idea. Her eyes were now full of tears, some of them already running down her cheeks as she was staring at the floor.

"I'm sorry." She whispered so low I almost didn't hear her. Then, she began to run out of the shop, leaving all the stuffs she wanted to buy in a shopping cart, on the floor. I was impressed, walking with heels didn't seem easy but running with ones seemed even worse. And she did it, without falling or even stumbling.

I blinked and finally stepped out of my trance. I looked one last time at the shopping cart next to my feet before running after her. I needed to catch her before it was too late. I wasn't sure I could find where she lived on my own. I needed an explanation.

"Farrah, wait!" I shouted, still running after her in the busy streets, trying to avoid as many people as possible which wasn't easy. Even if she could run with heels, she still couldn't run very fast, thank god otherwise I wouldn't have been able to catch her.

I caught her arms and pulled her toward me. Her eyes were slightly red due to the tears I caused, making me feel guilty. "What do you want, Michael? I'm sorry! It's not something easy to say and I understand your reaction. I-I just wish you wouldn't have done it publicly." She whispered as another tear fell down her cheek.

"No, I am sorry. I shouldn't have done that... C-Can we just go back to your apartment and talk about all this? I really want to understand." I said as gently as possible. I couldn't stand to see her cry; it was breaking my heart more than it should.

She only nodded, whipping her eyes before beginning to walk toward her apartment. I followed her; happy she agreed to speak but also a bit anxious. I really didn't know what to expect! Sooner than expected, she opened the door and we entered into her apartment. I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't even remarked it! We sat on the sofa and I couldn't help but frown when I saw that she sat as far as possible from me. It wasn't like I was going to hit her or something; I wasn't like that. "So..." She trailed off, probably searching the perfect way to explain everything. "As you learnt, I'm not a-a real woman... In fact, I'm a man but I just love dressing up as a woman and... Yeah... It makes me feel amazing... I'm a drag queen..." She said, staring at her hands while waiting anxiously for my reaction.

".... I see... Why didn't you tell me the truth? I mean... It would have been better than learning it because we slept together..." I said, passing a hand through my hair. The conversation was a bit awkward but we both needed it.

"You know, it's not easy. A lot of people judge you because of the way you want to live your life..." She sighed before continuing. "Do you remember when we were in the cemetery? When I went there to visit my cousin? Well... That's the person I was talking about... I wish I had more time to explain him everything..." She said sadness in her voice, still staring at her hands.

"I understand why you didn't tell me... I also have some secrets..." I murmured, totally understanding her reasons. I shouldn't have shouted like that in the supermarket; that was just so mean... "C-Can I see you? I mean... As a man, without make-up..." I said, adding the last part quickly. I wanted to know who it was. I mean... I knew I already saw theses eyes somewhere... I just couldn't remember where...

"Yes, I guess it would be fair... J-Just wait a minute here, I'm going to remove everything and change my clothes..." She whispered, getting up to walk toward her bedroom. Her being in reality a man probably explained the man's clothes in her bedroom. A part of me was happy about it but I would probably never admit it.

After some long and interminable minutes, she or rather he came back. As soon as I saw him, my eyes widened and my mouth almost fell to the ground. Wow, I had no words. His skin seemed smooth and flawless, almost like a baby's skin. He had gorgeous full, pink lips and a great defined nose. His eyes were still the same, with or without make-up. He was staring at me with his perfect baby blue eyes. I continued to stare at him, observing and trying to remember every little detail. He also had perfect eyebrows and it was easy to see he was taking care of his physical appearance. Finally, he had mid-long blond, almost white, hair. That's when I recognized him; the waiter! I knew I already saw him somewhere!

"You're the..." I began to say, totally speechless.

"Yes, that's me. I just dyed my hair because I was tired of my old hair color." He answered, giving me a little smile. He was wearing a tight, black sweater which made him look amazing. "My name's Benoit."

"You look great." I said, smiling back before walking toward him. I stopped in front of him, looking down as he was a bit smaller than me before hugging him. After a few seconds, he reacted and hugged me back.

"Thank you." He whispered near my ear and I could easily imagine him smiling while saying this. Woman or man, this wasn't really important in the end. The most important thing was his soul, his personality. He was an awesome person, always making sure everything was alright even if it wasn't always easy for him. He was so brave.

I pulled back after a few minutes and gave him another small smile. "Thank you for explaining everything to me. I'm happy you just shared a big part of your life with me and I really want to do the same. I want to show you someone really important to me..." I said, taking a deep breath. It wasn't going to be easy but I had to do it.

♂+♂=♥

So, did you like this chapter? Any thoughts about it? What about Farrah? I read in the last chapter's comment that a few people thought it was Casey but no... For now, he's not coming back in this sequel... But maybe he will.... Later... :)