Chapter 9: Hello

Soon enough, Farrah was back at the bar and I gave her another drink. She told me that her job would begin tomorrow and she would have to dance on a song of her choice. She seemed excited and it made me really happy for her. I was sure she was going to slay.

The night went on and suddenly it was time to close for today. I didn't even remark how fast it went! Nothing special happened but I still had this bad feeling in my chest and I couldn't understand why. "So... I will see you tomorrow?" I asked in a shy voice.

"Yes... I can't wait." She replied with a small smile before kissing my cheek gently. I watched her leave before making my way toward my small, crappy apartment. I entered into the building and sighed. I undressed myself until I was only in my underwear and sat on my bed. I didn't even know why I called this an apartment... There only was a small bedroom with an old bed which creaked at every movement, a small bathroom with no hot water and a small living room without any TV and a little kitchen. Like I said, I didn't understand why I called that an apartment... It was better than living on the streets, of course, but it wasn't a real apartment... There was no life, no soul in it.

I sighed before burying my head into my pillow, hoping to fall into a deep sleep without any nightmares.

"I didn't know you could be pregnant! Guys aren't supposed to be!"

"I'm sorry Mika, I really like you but I'm not ready to be a father. Maybe one day but not now."

"Hello, I'm calling you because my brother is going to give birth."

"It's a beautiful baby... Just like you..."

"Mommy, I want to see the Lions! Please, please, please!!"

"Sir, you can't go. It's too late. I'm sorry."

This is my entire fault.

I woke up, breathing heavily as tears were falling from my eyes. The same memories, again and again. It was never going to stop. Never. I needed to stop the memories, it was too painful. I got up and walked toward the shower. I removed my underwear before going under the cold water. I sat on the floor, tears still falling on my cheeks. How could I forget Russell so quickly? He only died a few months ago! And I already slept with someone else... Without forgetting the fact that I was beginning to fall for Benoit... I needed to stop that... But how?

I turned off the water when I had difficulties to feel my fingers. I dressed myself and decided to walk a little. Maybe I could take the bus and see Benoit... Maybe he could understand how uneasy this situation was for me... I nodded to myself and walked as quickly as possible to take the bus. If I remembered correctly, he didn't have to work to the coffee shop today...

Once in front of the building, I took a deep breath before entering. I only stopped when I was in front of his door. I knocked and waited for him to answer. As soon as the door opened, I knew it was a bad idea. Benoit smiled at me, his blue eyes lighting up with happiness. His hair was nicely brushed and he was wearing a black top with a black skinny jeans. He looked gorgeous, as usual. I actually began to wonder if he could look ugly but I was seriously beginning to doubt it.

I entered and closed the door behind me. He hugged me and kissed my cheek before leading me toward the living room. I sat on the sofa next to him. "Are you hungry? Do you want to drink something? Oh... Do you want to see my outfit for tonight? You could tell me if it looks great or not... I wouldn't like to look stupid for my first official night!" He exclaimed while looking at me with excited eyes. I passed my hand into my hair awkwardly while looking at him from the corner of my eyes. "What's wrong?" He asked and I could hear by the tone of his voice that he was beginning to worry.