unexpected Visitor

Willows Pov

I wake up. Tyler is next to me on the bed. I had woken up from a nightmare screaming and he came into my room. He must've fallen asleep.

I get up and go to the bathroom to change clothes. I get into a pair of khaki jeans and a white sweater ,with brown boots.

I brush my hair letting it loose. When come out Tyler is already awake and dress. " You take a long time to get ready. " he said. " Where you get your clothes from?" I ask him.

"I got them yesterday, when I went to get the cheesebuns I stopped by my house and got some. " He tells me. " didn't your parents see you?" "Willow, uh,my parents are ...dead" he says looking down.

" Oh,I'm So sorry " I said. " So it's only me and my brother,Caleb " he said, he looks sort of depressed. " Didn't you see him then? " "No, when we left for the games he went to stay at my uncle's house. "

"Oh,how old is he?" I asked. " he's 13" he's getting kind of dry, I can tell it's a tough subject for him to talk about .

" Hey,want to go to the meadow with me today? " I ask. "Sure, ive only been to the woods once, yesterday " he said getting up.

I go to the desk in my room and get out a sketch pad and a pencil. " why are you bringing those?" Tyler asked, smiling. " to draw, I always bring them when I go to the meadow to take my mind off things. " I tell him.

"Oh that's Nice,we should get going. " he said.

***

We cross under the fence of twelve. I walk towards the Willow tree in the meadow. Dandelions growing everywhere. " This place is beautiful." Tyler said in Awe.

"I go here to clear my mind off things. My mom used to take me here when I was younger. " I smile as I had a flashback of me and mom when I was little.

I was sitting on my moms lap playing with a flower. "Look Willow, a Mockingjay! " she said pointing at a bird flying across the sky. Then she whistled the four note tune.

I open my book and look for something to draw . I see a Mockingjay perched up of a tree. I start sketching it. Tyler starts playing with my hair .

" Wow, you're good."he said. "Thanks" I said. "Hey wanna see something" I said. " what? " he said. I whistled the four note tune. The mockingjay whistled back. " that's So Cool!" He said.

" they can copy any tune or rhythm, but not words. " I tell him. "Listen, Are you, are you coming to the tree?" They whistled back. "See" I said. " that's really Cool. " he said.

I finished drawing the Mockingjay as it flew away. "Thats amazing " Tyler said, taking my notebook out of my hands.

"What are you doing ?" I asked. " looking through your drawings. " he said. " no don't look through them I said ,embarrassed. " Why not? They are amazing. " he said.

" Well Thank you. " I said he hands me the note book. " want to go back for lunch?" Tyler said. " sure " I said.

***

Tyler opens the front door. A group of peacekeepers greets us with guns in their hands. "Miss Mellark come this way, now!" A peacekeeper says

grabbing my arm hard. I wince a little because it hurts. He tries to pull me towards the living room but Tyler pushes him away. " Hey,leave her alone! You're hurting her!" He screamed towards the peacekeeper .

The peacekeeper lets go of my arm. I look down at it bruises are forming already. Tyler was getting mad now. " Why are you even in here house? You have no right -" " President Snows order " the peacekeepers interrupts Tyler.

"Now come on."Two peacekeepers grabs me and Tyler by the arm and lead us towards the living room.

I look at Tyler nervously and Tyler gives me an 'it's going to be OK ' look. We walk in to the living room ,where Snow is sitting on the couch. "Miss Mellark, Mr.Dawson please sit. " he said staring at my every move.

"President Snow, with all due respect, why are you here?" I said staring him in the eye. " Oh, why miss Mellark it's nice to see you too. " he said. " sorry sir. " I said ,looking at him.

"Im either seeing a ghost or you guys betrayed me. " He said looking at Tyler,straight in the eye. " We didn't betray you if we were never with you." I stare him down.

" Willow, I think this would go much faster if you agree not to be a smart-mouth. " Snow said. Tyler grabs my hand , that's on the couch. I look down and say, " agreed. "

" Good,now I came here to say that I will be joining District 12 for the reaping . " "why " I said instantly. " just because. " Snow said with an evil look.

I know it's not just because he's planning something. " look Snow, we didn't betray you. We just want to live and be happy. We didn't want the games to separate us or end our lives. " Tyler said.

"I know you did Mr.Dawson and it's not your fault for wanting to live but it did betray the point of the games. What you did back there was unforgivable. You both shall pay the price sooner or later. " Snow said.

" Oh and I know about your parents too, Miss Mellark. " he said, with a devilish grin. " what are you going to do to them?" I ask suddenly scared for my parents.

" to them nothing, but do remember last year was child's play, the battle has just begun. " Snow said. I sit there not knowing what to respond to that.

" For you Miss Mellark. " he grabs something out of his pocket. " you left it in the hovercraft after You won the games. " he said giving me the black Mockingjay Pin.

"Thank you " I said. " Tell everyone who asks about Mr.Dawson that the capitol saved him . May the odds be ever in your favor for the reaping ... for both of you. " he said. He leaves. We just sit there taking it all in.

OK guys sorry for taking So long with writing this but here you go. Hope you liked it!!! Thanks So much for reading this book it means So much to me. Please Comment and Vote. And...
May the odds be ever in you favor.

" Call all the ladies out
They're in their finery
A hundred jewels on throats
A hundred jewels between teeth
Now bring my boys in
Their skin in craters like the moon
The moon we love like a brother, while he glows through the room"
-Team,Lorde