The Hovercraft

Willows P.O.V

Here I am. Sitting in front of the frost covered window in my bedroom. It's 7:45 ㏂ The snow is peacefully falling outside. I wish I was a snowflake. Just falling down, making the winter season more beautiful, without a care in the world.

Sadly,I get back to the cold, dark reality when I hear a soft knock on the door. I get up and slowly open it. Tyler was leaning on the white door frame.

" Hey " he said. " Hi, Why are you up this early? " I ask. "I couldn't get much sleep and it's 7:49" he said glancing at the silver clock on my wall. I can say the same thing about you, you know. " He said.

" yea, I guess you can." I said and force a smile. " You OK? " he asked. " Really ? Did you just ask that question? " I ask rhetorically. " I know, I know stupid thing to say considering today is, you know " he said the last part looking at the floor.

" Yea, I know." I said. " The Hunger Games. " just saying it sends chills down my back. " So , uh, want to come in?" I ask. "Well, I liked to, yes" he said , while I step aside to let him in.

I go back to the window seat where I was sitting before. " So,remember what I told you. " he said. " about what? " I ask. " The difference between Blood-Rose and Nightlock." Tyler said.

" Oh,Yea. Blood-Rose is a dark blue Berry with a hint of silver. While nightlock is a dark blue berry with hints of purple." I say. " Right " He says.

There's a long silence between us as I look out the window again. "What are you thinking so much about?" Tyler asks me. " oh nothing just thinking about the games and wishing I was a mockkngjay flying free. "

Someone knocks on the door ," Time to get ready!" Effie clearly way too perky on a day like this. I open the door ,as Tyler left and Avox hands over my Hunger Games Uniform.

" Thank you" I said and she nodds. I close the door and get into the shower, a couple of minutes later I come out and dry my hair. This maybe the last time I might be able to enjoy a nice bath.

Then I pick up the uniform. This year its a black jumpsuit that has a v-neck down to my chest. It has a pink belt and pink lines down the sides. There's also a pair of black combat boots.

I walk outside to the dining table and sit down. " You two would want to eat all you can. You never know when your next meal will be. " Haymitch says.

I'm staring at my plate of pancakes. "At least take a few bites, dear " Effie said looking at me. " I'm not hungry " I say. " OK then at least have this. " Effie passes me a plate of oranges.

Then she said, " Have a protien bar." Passing me a purple and white rectangled shaped food bar. So I managed to eat two orange slices and the protein bar. "Remember the plan guys. Stick together if you can, if not stay alive. "Haymitch said. " OK" Tyler said. "Got it " I said.

Unfortunately, in under a couple of minutes we are called down to go to the hovercraft. The only person walking with me to the hovercraft this year is Tyler. " Willow, I want you to stay away from thay Derek kid."

Tyler said, as he stopped walking to look at me. " I told you he's different, he isn't dangerous. " I said. " once the games start, survival comes first for the careers." He said. "OK, I'll be careful. " I assure him. " Thank you, oh, and remember hope is the spark of every revolution." Tyler said.

"Why" I asked. "Just remember."
The large grey hovercraft is wait for us outside. "This way, please " I Male Peacekeeper said. I walk up the small steps and another peacekeeper directs me and Tyler to our corresponding seats.

I sit down at the neon green seat Right next to Tyler. We're the last ones to get on. So when the Peacekeeper is done inserting the tracker in our arms, the lights go off and are replace by lines of small blue lights across the roof.

Here we go...

May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor!! Here you go!! Hope you liked it!! Please comment on what you think and vote!!!

"
Tough girl
In the fast lane
No time for love
No time for hate
No drama no time
For games
Tough girl
Whose soul aches"- Big Girls Cry, Sia