The Mutts

Willows P.O.V

I've been walking around all day and have not found a single food or fresh water source. I needed to find something to eat because I could rely on 10 pieces of dried fruits and 5 crackers and I couldn't drink the ocean water before purifying it first, which I cant do because I have nothing to purify it with.

Its night now and I've wondered into some part of the woods where the trees are thicker. I look up, straining my eyes in the darkness, searching for a tree that's big enough.

I hear some leaves rustle behind me and I load and aim towards the direction.

Nothing at first. Then a twig snaps to the left of me. I aim towards it and another one to the right. Then out of no where half wolf half lion mutts jump towards me.

I try shooting and arrow at one of them but it didn't work. They just kept running towards me. I ran as fast as I could I kept going straight until I trip over a branch and before I know it, I'm rolling down a hill ,towards the ocean.

I land face first in the cold water. I look back but it seems as if the mutts can't get passed the sand of the beach. I stay in the water a little bit longer as the mutts start to disappear one by one out of thin air. I'm cold and wet and have no where to sleep in the hunger games. Well thats just great.

There's a small cave by the edge of the beach. I decide to go and stay there all night and then go back to the woods in the morning.

Although I needed water and fast or atleast some water purification tablets or something. I fall asleep almost instantly ,with a dry throat.

I wake up in the middle of the night by the sound of twinkling bells.  When I go outside and see what it is,  I see a silver parachute floating down ,a sponsor.

I quickly run and get it and then run back inside the cave.   I unhook the latch and open up the parachute.   Inside is a bottle that looks like one that is used for medicine.

With it came a note saying, Use in the mean time for water. Stay strong, sweatheart~H it was a note from Haymitch.  I look closely at the bottle and see that it says water purification tablets.

I smile relief rushing all over me,that now I can get my hands on water,and I grab the empty container and run outside towards the ocean.

Taking the knife I found in my bag with me. Then the Capitol seal and anthem show up on the sky,  no one died today. I fill the container up and put in one of the tablets wait 15 seconds like the bottle said before drinking .

I swallow it all down and then fill it up again and put another tablet in and save it for later.  Then I run back to the cave.

Here you go guys!!!  Hope you all liked this chapter!! Thanks so much for reading please comment and vote!!!

" Baby, I know places we won't be found 
And they'll be chasing their tails tryin' to track us down
Cause I, I know places we can hide
I know places, I know places"—I Know Places, Taylor Swift