The Hunted

Willows P.O.V
I am awakened by the sound of the Capital anthem. Showing the dead. The girl from 2, the boy from 4, the two from 5 , the two from 7.

6 six tributes down 18 more to go,at least Tyler and Jennifer are okay. I think to myself . Then fall asleep once more.

I wake up around midnight or so by the sound of a twig snapping. I slowly sit up still in the bush. I hear muffled voices in the distance.

At first I can't hear what they're talking about or even recognize the voices, but as they come closer Im able to connect the voices to the careers.

"She must've come this way. " I hear one of them say. " Yea the poor mutt doesn't know how to survive in any other place. " another said. "Yea Willow mellark the hunter, ha more like Willow Mellark the Hunted. " a female voice said, this one must be jordan. " but what about Tyler, aren't we supposed to be looking for him too." A voice said." We'll look for him later, we're going with Willow we know she'll be somewhere in the woods."

So what I could make out was that there were two males and one female. They were all careers and they were hunting for me and Tyler . Why me. Why us. Then I remembered that the careers hunt for the two highest scoring tributes first and then they do the rest.

The HUNTER has become the HUNTED.

***

Its sunrise and im wide awake. I decided to go see what is in my resources bag. I unzip it and pull the things that are inside one by one.

The first thing I take out is a rope. Then an empty water container. A tent that apparently can blend in with everything and anything. A black sleeping bag. Two bags of dried fruits and crackers. Then i pull out one of those metal disks that looked like the one Tiffany threw.  The last thing I pulled out was a knife.

Atleast I have something else for protection. I started feeling hungry so I decided to hunt and look for water while I'm at it. The second day in the games.

Hoped you guys liked this chapter!! And if you did please comment and vote!! Thanks so much for reading!!

" You stand with your hand on my waist line
It's a scene and we're out here in plain sight
I can hear them whisper as we pass by
It's a bad sign, bad sign
Something happens when everybody finds out
See the vultures circling dark clouds
Love's a fragile little flame, it could burn out
It could burn out

Cause they got the cages, they got the boxes
And guns
They are the hunters, we are the foxes
And we run"-I Know Places ,Taylor Swift.