Bombing

Willows P.O.V

After breakfast, Haymitch said to take rest for the rest of the day before the speech. So right now me and Tyler are in my room, on my bed watching T.v. on the Huge , silver Capitol television.

Here they waste their money on luxuries, when there's people back in twelve, with as little as no money for food. People starving to death. Snow had canceled the tesserae ,So now kids can't even risk their lives to stay alive and feed their families.

Tyler's playing with my hair and I start to draw again. I sketch a mockingjay on fire. Then I heard the Lady on the T.V. say," Breaking News, District 12 bombed once again. "
"What?" I said Sitting up. " The surprise attack to District 12 killed many Men, Women and Children. Separating families, and destroying their homes. "

"NO,no,no this can't be happening! " Tyler says storming around the room. " Tyler -" " Willow I'm not going to calm down OK! Caleb was there and So was Uncle carter. Not to mention your Bestfriend Rachel. " he said frustrated.

I was already crying form the realization that our friends ajd families were most likely dead and our home District is destroyed.

" I was just going to say ask Haymitch." I say and run out of the room. " Haymitch! Haymitch! " I scream as I run across the train. " What is it dear? " Effie asked. " Where's Haymitch? " I asked immediately.

" in his room but what is it?" "Tyler will explain everything " I said and run off to Haymitchs room. " Haymitch! " I said as I banged on the door So he would open up.

Tears were already streaming down my face. How could anyone be So cruel. Just bomb our District for nothing. " Can't a guy get some sleep sweathear-" he stopped as he saw me

"What is it? " he asked. " Come here quick! " I said as I pulled his arm. Tyler had already turned on the T.V.

"Haymitch... District 12...was..bombed today " I said out of breath. He sits down on the couch in shock I stand in front of him, "Haymitch? " I said. His shock quickly turned to anger as he picked up a glass cup. He was about to throw it when Tyler pushed me to the ground and blocked my body from the glass with his body.

Haymitch pick up a glass wineglass and true that. I hear Tyler wince. Then Haymitch was about to throw a glass figurine when someone stopped him. One of the Avoxes.

Tyler slowly gets up and So do I. "Are you OK?" He asked me. " Yea, I'm fine. " I said. " but you're not " he had a piece of glass piercing into his skin in the back of his shoulder .

I pull him towards the kitchen and grabbed a towel and put some warm water on it . Then I got the alcohol from the bathroom.

I go to the back of his left shoulder and take the towel and take the glass out. He winced. Then I clean the blood up with the towel. The cut wasn't that deep,luckily.

I take some alcohol and drop it on the cut. I hear him groan. Then I take another towel and put warm water on it. I put it over his wound and apply pressure, "this should stop the bleeding ." I said.

After about a minute the bleeding had stopped. " Thank you " he said. " Oh this, this was nothing but I should thank you for pushing me out of the way like that. " I said.

***

We're all sitting at the dining table eating lunch , not really eating with what happened today in our minds. " Isn't there anyway we can know they're safe?" Tyler asked.

"I'm afraid not." Haymitch said. Then I hear an announcer call us down for the speech. So much for a resting day.

Hope you liked it!!! What do you think about what happened in 12 ? Do you think they're alive, Tyler's family and rachel or not? Please comment and vote!!!

"
No, we're never gonna turn to dust,
Yeah, all we really need is us
Don't be scared to close your eyes
No, we're never gonna die, we'll be the stars
Oh, no, we're never gonna step too far
Yeah, we're holding on to who we are
When it's time to close your eyes
They will see us in the sky,
We'll be the stars!

Oh ooh ooh oh oh
We'll be the stars!
Oh ooh ooh oh oh
We'll be the stars!" - We'll be the Stars, Sabrina Carpenter