Midnight

Willows P.O.V

My parents left in the middle of the night, so it would be harder for them to be seen. That was three hours ago.
Now I'm on bed in the dark unable to sleep. Its 12:00 ㏂ The games are today. I need some sleep before the games.

Come on go to sleep! Come on! I keeo thinking. This goes on for about two more hours.

I finally decide I can't go to sleep. I'm too nervous. I cant do it. At least not alone. I get out of bed. Stepping on the cold tile floor. I grab my coat and put on boots and a blanket.

We're in the middle of winter. The the crystal showers of snow are still falling. I go to the roof and sit in the same spot I did last year. I wrap my blanket around my body .

In the distanced I hear the muffled cheers of the overly excited Capital citizens. Ugh! Only the Capital can be excited about the bloody sea that's coming.

***

I hear the door to the roof on the floor open. Still I don't open my eyes. I'm too tired to. I hear footsteps coming towards me. This time I open my eyes and turn around.

There's nothing there but the darkness of the night. " Hey " I jump back. " Oh it's just you" Tyler was standing next to me now. " sorry, didn't mean to scare you. " he said. " Its OK" I said.

" So you couldn't sleep ,huh?" He asked sitting down . He has a dark blue blanket around him, his favorite color.

I suddenly remember our conversation in the train. " So tell me something about you." " like what?" " I don't know, what's your favorite color? " " OK, let's see. My favorite color is blue. " " like the sky?" " no like the deep part of the ocean" ...

" no not really" I said. " There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction they are going!
There's no knowing where they're rowing,
Or which way the river's flowing!
Not a speck of light is showing,
So the danger must be growing,
For the rowers keep on rowing,
And they're certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing." Tyler said.

" What it's a poem, my dad used to tell me. " " Well it's beautiful, Do you know the meaning? " I asked. " Well I think it's about two people trying to get away from danger. Hence the lines, So the danger must be growing,
For the rowers keep on rowing,
And they're certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing." Tyler explains.

" oh, that makes sense. Do you know who the poet is? " I say. " I think its Roald Dahl, something like that. " "well it's getting late im going to bed."I say, then I ask, "are you coming? " " no, I'm going to stay a little longer. I grab my things and leave. Relieved that I'm back in the warmth of my bed.

Here you go guys !! Sorry for taking so long!!! hoped you liked it!! Please comment and vote!! The poem is called, " no earthly way of knowing, by Roald Dahl.

" And that's why he's spinnin' 'round in my head
Comes back to me, burning red
Yeah, yeah

His love was like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street" - Red, Taylor Swift