The Finale

Willow P.O.V

"Come on let's go" Tyler said. Its sunset and the temperature is rapidly dropping. To top it off , it's getting windy.

We walk through the rainforest, there's barely any trees left. So we hide in a large bush behind a boulder.

"W-Willow? Are y-you awake? " Tyler said trembling.
"Y-yea" I answered.
" W-w-why did you have Ni-Nightlock in your b-bag?" He asks.
"Everyone likes berries. " I simply answered.
"So you were planning to eat them?! " Tyler asked alarmed.
"No! It was a back up plan in case I needed to escape. " I said.
"Oh" Tyler said, then we both drifted to sleep. In the cold, piercing wind of the night.

***

I wake up coughing unable to breath. Something is covering us all over. It looks like, like dust. No sand. The wind must've carried it form the desert.I'm unable to breath correctly, so I wake up Tyler.

"We have to get out of here, this could kill us. " I say in between coughs.
We get up and make a run for the cornucopia. Each step we take, seems to be making more and more sand appear in the air.I'm short of air.

"Cover your mouth and nose with collar of your jacket."Tyler said. Once we reach the inside of the cornucopia , I collapsed .

My lungs couldn't take it anymore they're burning, more than ever before. We try to hide ourself from all the dust and sand.

Then I see a huge cloud of sand is forming from the desert and is swallowing everything in it's path.

"Tyler! " I said, he was standing outside starring at the massive sandstorm in shock.

"Tyler come over her now!" I yell at him. He runs and sits next to me.
" Tyler I need you to get something from my bag. " I said.
"What do you need?" He asked.
" I need you to quickly take the, self assembling tent out of the bag,the storm is almost here. " I said.

"Hurry !" I said, as he takes out the tent and opens it up and puts it over us.
" We don't fit inside. " I said.
Tyler picks me up and puts me on his Lap.
" now we do." Tyler said putting his arms around me, as the strom hit.

Sand still got into the tent but not as much as we wouldve without it. I start to cough like crazy. Feeling dizzy and weak. My lungs can't take much longer.

" Hold on, Willow. We're going to make it." Is the thing I hear before everything goes black.

***

Some say they're just Games. A T.V show. Entertainment. The reality is that the Hunger Games are a form of torture to the Districts. Killing your child and knowing you can't do anything to help them. A death bed to the tributes. 'Terrible war ' has brought this on our land. Turning all of Panem into one huge concentration camp. Some say that these Games are over. No, there are worst Games to play. The Games might be over but the War has just begun.

May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor.

Hoped you guys liked this chapter!! It was fun writing this book!! Please read the third book in my series, Willow Mellark - Fire's Found a Home. To continue your journey with Willow Mellark and Tyler Dawson. The first chapter is already up!

" Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion

This is my fight song (Hey!)
Take back my life song (Hey!)
Prove I'm alright song (Hey!)
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong (I'll be strong)
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

Now I've still got a lot of fight left in me" - Fight Song, Rachel Platten